Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playoffs for college football

http://m.si.com/news/news/news/detai...1AB9843.cnnsi2

Sounds like a good thing to me, especially if they expand it. Anyone can make it to a bowl (TGI Friday Bowl, Walmart Bowl, Capn Crunch Bowl ). I don't follow it too closely, but this could help to change that.

Sounds good. The Bowl system never made sense to me. Of course Rutgers will never get in one again, but I went to the Pinstripe bowl and thats good enough.

Comment

I don't understand it completely yet. I dunno if teams will be required to be a conference champ to be in the playoff or if there will be "at large" slots. Last year's title game had 2 teams from the same conference going at it for #1.

At the very least there will be 2 less teams per year bitching about not getting a shot for the title.

Comment

I hope a playoff system comes about, but Universities and Colleges are generally against a playoff system. They make millions for Bowl appearances.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico View Post
          At the very least there will be 2 less teams per year bitching about not getting a shot for the title.
          I disagree. You might have had 3-4 teams jockeying for those two spots in the championship game. Now you're going to have 4 teams, so you could have the entire top 10 making a case that they deserve to be in that final four.

Comment

Originally posted by BadHabitz View Post
            I disagree. You might have had 3-4 teams jockeying for those two spots in the championship game. Now you're going to have 4 teams, so you could have the entire top 10 making a case that they deserve to be in that final four.
            It sounds like thus is just the first step, having four. Perhaps down the road they'll have sixteen duke in out...sounds like they're shooting for bigger group...I'm hoping.

Comment

I think 8 would be the most.
              Maybe they did 4 because of time slots and the different divisions can have their own playoffs keeping the bowl names.

Comment

Originally posted by BadHabitz View Post
                There are seldom more than 4 undefeated teams however. Hopefully it will take record as the #1 factor and strength of schedule as #2.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X