On the Road Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the Road Again

I will be on the road to Fort Worth, TX to become a permanent resident at the end of the month. Leaving Memphis, TN; my home for nearly 40 years, after my Dad brought us here when he retired from the USMC in 1973.

As for the new location, I am about as far on the western edge of Fort Worth proper as can be. Still, it is not far from downtown (which is a pretty damned good downtown as far as bigger cities go) and other fine areas/towns nearby. FW seems to have it's act together, especially compared to where I am coming from.
    --Slaughter

Hey, good luck on the move, Slaughter! Sounds like a nice place!

Comment

Good luck. The people of Fort Worth, as a whole, tend to be less cliquish than Dallas.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Keep your door locked or Phantom may try to move in.
        Good luck

Comment

Good luck !!
          K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
          sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

My cousin was a teacher in Fort Worth. Their schools are great and the community is even better. It's considered to be a posh area compared to the dump that is Houston.

Welcome to the South, now get your machine gun ready.

Comment

Good luck with the move.
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                My cousin was a teacher in Fort Worth. Their schools are great and the community is even better. It's considered to be a posh area compared to the dump that is Houston.

Welcome to the South, now get your machine gun ready.
                Isn't Tennesse in the south already? Or are they more of a shot gun or hand gun state?

Comment

I always thought you lived in Vegas. Or was that someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                    I always thought you lived in Vegas. Or was that someone else?
                    You might be thinking of Dark4se.

Tennessee is in the South. It did Secede from the Union. So did Texas, although they think of themselves as their own independent country.

Houston is the land of machine guns. A Zales Store in one of the malls on the south side was robbed, years ago, by Colombian armed with Uzis. They shot up the store while robbing it.
                    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post

Tennessee is in the South. It did Secede from the Union. So did Texas, although they think of themselves as their own independent country.

Houston is the land of machine guns. A Zales Store in one of the malls on the south side was robbed, years ago, by Colombian armed with Uzis. They shot up the store while robbing it.
                      Apache
                      Maybe they had extra bullets they couldn't carry

Comment

Apache
                        Yep, it was Dark4se i was thinking of.

Comment

Good luck. The people of Fort Worth, as a whole, tend to be less cliquish than Dallas.
                          Apache
                          As a friend says, "Fort Worth is where Dallas peters out and the West begins".

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                          Isn't Tennesse in the south already? Or are they more of a shot gun or hand gun state?
                          Yes, in the South. As for Memphis it is definitely a hand gun city. Near daily murders, mostly black-on-black crime.
                          --Slaughter

Comment

Tell those jerks on strike at Lockheed to get their @$$3$ back to work!
                            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X