Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Day At College

Hey guys!
    As you know I recently started college. Well I enrolled for my first class today and tomorrow I will be enrolling to my other core class at the college. It was a struggle, but I managed to pull my lazy self out of bed, fix myself coffee and sit at my computer desk. Then I studied the guide lines for rules and regulations. Then I proceeded to take the quiz. 100.3% was required to pass the test in order to gain the registration code.

After I completed the test in full (Failing the first time with 93.4%) I signed up for the site that all my materials and tests would be located. Then I opened my $250 computer book. Taking in a whiff of the aroma I quickly glanced over the pages. Excited, I took a look at my future due dates. College won't really start until the 13th. So perhaps I've got some time to play games until then. Or I'll end up studying my books so I'm not rushed on anything!

So far I'm loving college. The women are sexy and the information is enthralling. Can you tell I'm in college yet? I'm using weird words like "Materials, regulations"...... "Coffee". haha

I'm excited about all this

I had a blast in college, and got a decent degree at the same time! Gotta love those college chicks. Not to mention all of the lifelong friends I made.
    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

You made it! Try not to get a girl pregnant, or a man for that matter. You just don't know anymore.

Comment

Anyone have any suggestions for laptops? I was going to go ahead and get me a laptop for college. I didn't know if they had any specials for college students or not.

Comment

A very bad one. If you get a good laptop you end up playing BF3 in class and at study times. I blame COD4 for me dropping many many classes. Get a netbook! lol

Comment

My laptop recommendations:
            1. light
            2. 15" screen
            3. External graphics if you plan to use it for gaming. Otherwise IGD will be fine.
            [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Yeah, definitely need something light. My damn books weight 5 pounds a piece haha

I think I'm up to atleast 15 pounds on my back. 20 if I add in my computer books, but I don't need those for school.

Comment

i promise you halfway throught the semester your won't even cary the books with you anymore. all you are going to do is listen to the professor talk. This is why i told you to buy used books lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                  i promise you halfway throught the semester your won't even cary the books with you anymore. all you are going to do is listen to the professor talk. This is why i told you to buy used books lol.
                  Yep, maybe 1 out of every 7classes i would have to actually have the book in class. Otherwise you just use it later. When you buy new textbooks they will cost like 120 per and when you sell back you will get like 5 maybe 10 bucks back.
                  Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

The key to college is balancing the social aspects and the work. I went to college in Daytona Beach Fl so I know of what I speak. I partied my butt off while maintaining a 3.0.
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I went to the Culinary Institute of America.. well it was a breeze for me. Whats studying?

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                        I went to the Culinary Institute of America.. well it was a breeze for me. Whats studying?
                        That's what i said for most of college
                        Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

I liked college mainly because I could decide what classes didn't need every day attendance and which ones did... Some you could simply read the book and take the test and win... others you needed the class notes. Others some of our friends would go one day, and I'd go the next, and then compare notes on our own times

Oh, and I met my wife there
                          [IMG]http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r43/ryanbatc/radarsig1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by baconoclock View Post
                            That's what i said for most of college
                            though for my schooling its mostly hands on. 8-12 hrs a day, 5 days a week. Every 3rd monday off.

Comment

haha, well hopefully I'll have the luck you guys did. I doubt it though. I don't make many friends while I'm in school because I'm so focused on school work. It was the same through middle school. Other than the insults that were flying around from the trolls at school, I didn't really start failing until I started hanging around the wrong kind of people that were slackers and didn't do much.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to hang out with some intelligent people this time around. Maybe find a hot chick who's into technology like I am. It's not just games I'm into, but every aspect of the computer. Evolution of computers gives me a chubby haha!!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X