Starting College Tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting College Tomorrow!

I'm starting college tomorrow!!!! Yes.. I'm a freshmen. I hope I don't get thrown into another trash can. Man high school was rough. hahaha

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it's just like normal school where you need a backpack or whatever. I really don't want to look stupid with a backpack if I don't need one. I would think that I need one since it's school... There are books... Pencils and what have you.

Maybe a Hello Kitty backpack. Hell I don't know what I need. Damn school. I completed everything else except for school supplies. I'm sure college is different for supplies. This time I can't skip school... Well I can, but that would just defeat the purpose haha

Anyway, wish me luck guys! I hope this year goes well.

Good luck. If you are concerned about looking stupid then you could alaways go without for a week and see what different people use and maybe even speak with some who have been though a few semesters.
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

haha, well I already look pretty stupid. Maybe I'll make up for the stupidity through tests. Ace my tests then people will be looking to me for answers and I'll just be like, "Oh! So now I don't look so stupid?" lmao

Comment

Screw college. I wish I will never go to that piece of crap place ever again. 14 years of my life spent in schools is too much. I dropped out and started working. I didn't even look for a job. A job came to me. Of course I don't make Duke money, but I think I'm pretty happy I don't have to copy one more note in my life. And with me having a fatass I probably won't make it past 40- and I'm fine with that.

Also, books are 200 bucks each and sell the year after for 20 bucks. So get ready to budget even more. Bring a notebook first day and nothing else, you already look like a drug addict.

Comment

Niles,

I would get a backpack... everybody is going to have one. On your first day I would Bring a notebook and a pen along with all that. Maybe some kind of trapper keeper to separate classes. How many hours are you taking?

You will NOT look stupid having a backpack. The great thing about college is that nobody cares what you look like. It is nothing like Highschool.

Enjoy remaking yourself! I went nuts in college, loved it.

Oh and buy used books. Don't get raped and by brand new ones... such a rip off.

Comment

I'm logging in 12 hours for school. I went with Financial Aid, so they're going to help me out. Atleast I hope haha.

So far I'm loving the fact that my adviser is so responsive. You don't have to wait days on a response from them. I've got to go up there today and see what all is available for my books.

I'm going to have a ton to do once I start all this. Hopefully it won't be anything like high school. Damn teachers in high school. "Let's talk about how I got a new cat!"

No wonder I never graduated high school. Just got my GED at 17 because I couldn't take anymore teacher home life stories.

Comment

I think it depends on if you are ready to do the work. My dad does some teaching on financing. About 1/2 the students drop out when they see they have to do the work in his class.

Comment

Originally posted by Nilesjones View Post
                I'm starting college tomorrow!!!! Yes.. I'm a freshmen. I hope I don't get thrown into another trash can. Man high school was rough. hahaha

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it's just like normal school where you need a backpack or whatever. I really don't want to look stupid with a backpack if I don't need one. I would think that I need one since it's school... There are books... Pencils and what have you.

Maybe a Hello Kitty backpack. Hell I don't know what I need. Damn school. I completed everything else except for school supplies. I'm sure college is different for supplies. This time I can't skip school... Well I can, but that would just defeat the purpose haha

Anyway, wish me luck guys! I hope this year goes well.
                Most people have a backback usually not a huge one, they use it to carry their laptops. I'ld say 40% or so have some type of bag or backpack.

Comment

You should schedule atleast 15 hours just in case you want to drop a class and stay full time at 12.

every year i scheduled 15 or more b/c i knew i would drop atleast one class lol.

Comment

Good luck getting your beautician's degree!

Comment

Originally posted by BadHabitz View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BadHabitz View Post
                        Just don't become a beauty school dropout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TOxhzAm7fY
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Most of what Jeffro said is, amazingly, ok advice for a frosh. Backpacks are still cool, but most college folks now have laptop or messenger bags, and use laptops or tablets in classes for their notes. The bit on taking an extra class is indeed good advice, but find out if your school has a limit on how many drops you can take on in your "career," and if they have deadlines.

Used books are very much the way to go whenever possible. You will probably still get screwed--college textbooks are THE biggest ripoff racket in the history of Earth. You will most likely get screwed on science and math books. They are usually replaced every year, cost upwards of $150-250 EACH, and won't have many, if any, used copies around.

Don't suppose you're living on campus? That was awesome. Talk to folks (girls...or guys, if that's what you're into), and remember this will be your last, best chance to meet a LOT of cool people in a short amount of time.

-Rand
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!

Comment

You lucky duck.

College was great! The classes, no work, and football. Not that sissy euro-crap, we call soccer. I mean the real deal.

I don't have any advice, except don't screw around too much. Went to school with a handful of friends. A buddy of mine, goes hardcore scholar ... Studies all the time, takes electives he doesn't need...

Next thing I know, I'm graduating with a CS degree, and he's being accepted into med school. So, be a part-time slacker like me or go hardcore and get into med school .

Comment

Originally posted by harpy View Post
                              You lucky duck.

College was great! The classes, no work, and football. Not that sissy euro-crap, we call soccer. I mean the real deal.

I don't have any advice, except don't screw around too much. Went to school with a handful of friends. A buddy of mine, goes hardcore scholar ... Studies all the time, takes electives he doesn't need...

Next thing I know, I'm graduating with a CS degree, and he's being accepted into med school. So, be a part-time slacker like me or go hardcore and get into med school .
                              Wewt a second College football player at UB

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X