N Korean leader Kim Jong-il dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devilguns View Post
    all i know is that this hasn't been a good year for my fantasy dictator league.
    \

lol!
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by irak pappan View Post
      He was a true hero and legend. R.I.P
      Your becoming quite a resident troll.

Comment

Heh I am the resident bored troll at work

Comment

Originally posted by Devilguns View Post
          All I know is that this hasn't been a good year for my fantasy dictator league.
          Best post in some time.

-Rand
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
            Best post in some time.

-Rand
            Couldn't agree more. If there was an award, Devilguns would get this years.

Comment

Originally posted by Devilguns View Post
              All I know is that this hasn't been a good year for my fantasy dictator league.

Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                Couldn't agree more. If there was an award, Devilguns would get this years.
                +1000.. very good post.

Comment

Check out the vids of ppl crying in the streets it's crazy
                  -Devil

Comment

I think the video of people crying is fake ... at least at first. How can they announce it and then suddenly have pictures of people crying right away.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                      I think the video of people crying is fake ... at least at first. How can they announce it and then suddenly have pictures of people crying right away.
                      I agree. Their state controlled TV is so rigorously controlled i have no doubt this is faked, or very selective filming.

It's virtually impossible to know what is going inside this closed country. The official picture we are getting is of great national mourning, people weeping openly in the street.

Talking to organisations in South Korea who have private contacts with people inside the North, they say the picture is much more varied, that there are people who feel genuine grief at the passing of Kim Jong-il.

But there are also others who are much more resentful these days than they used to be about the kind of big ceremonies they are expected to take part in, the fact that it takes them away from their daily life, the fact that it takes them away from their need to gather food to put on the table in the evening.

Daily life has become much harder for many people in North Korea, and that's leading to a different kind of attitude to these big mass events.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                        I don't think it is fake. In a Totalitarian State they just force people out into the streets and demand that they cry for the cameras. If you say cry or die most people won't have any problem crying.
                        Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

no i think they just use another crying session for the video. How can they be announcing it for the first time and people are already screaming/crying.

Comment

They may have done what I suggested, but earlier in the month since they knew he was close to death.
                            Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

They don't need to show the soldiers standing 10 feet away with automatic weapons making them cry. With state sponsored television and the army involved you can have a street full of crying people 5 minutes after they announced his death. As Apache said, if it's cry or die....I think I'd start crying. And don't think North Korea wouldn't stoop to that. I'd be willing to bet that if you're not crying and mourning, you won't be alive very long.
                              [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
                              [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

R.I.P. Kim Jong Il, the greatest golfer the world never saw. 11 holes-in-one and 38 under par the first and last time he swung a club. VERIFIED by numerous security guards and North Korea media. Another athletic legend is lost...

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X