18 Adult truths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18 Adult truths

1. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

2. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

3. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

4. How the hell do you suppose, one is supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

5. Was learning algebra really necessary?

6. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

7. Bad decisions make good stories.

8. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

9.There is a part of me that is always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

10. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

11. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Coors Lite, than Kay.

12. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

13. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

14. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

15. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever..

16. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

17. People who forward E-mail without deleting the tons of previous recipients should be shot and then tarred and feathered.

18. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Oh, oh, I know number 4!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Needle View Post
      Oh, oh, I know number 4!
      Do share!

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
      9.There is a part of me that is always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.
      I know, RIGHT!??!
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

And the answer can be found here. My wife already knew

How to fold a fitted sheet : howto

Comment

When a merge is required, traffic engineers want two lanes of cars backed up for 1000 feet, instead of one lane for 2000 feet. They want everybody to wait and merge politely at the merge point. They always say how frustrated they are by human nature. So, do they fix this problem by putting up "wait, do not merge" signs? Nope. Instead they just let drivers get frustrated.

Comment

I'll wait til I'm an adult to read this one!

Comment

LOL @ Skud!

Those are great!
              [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
              <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
                When a merge is required, traffic engineers want two lanes of cars backed up for 1000 feet, instead of one lane for 2000 feet. They want everybody to wait and merge politely at the merge point. They always say how frustrated they are by human nature. So, do they fix this problem by putting up "wait, do not merge" signs? Nope. Instead they just let drivers get frustrated.
                Exactly! I never understood why everyone thinks they need to hurry up and get in the other lane. Just drive up to the merge, then give gap take gap...
                [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X