Gadaffi dead!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juneau View Post
    Nope, but i don't think they should have acted like a bunch of uncivilised ravenous animals either. This is why nothing in these countries will ever change.
    Agree.
    [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
    <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

I think its great that they found him, but at the same time it kinda makes me wanna slap some of them in the head, they shouldn't have executed him, should have brought him back alive to stand trial like duke said. Now all it looks like is the NTC are nothing but a bunch of thugs instead of people trying to make their country a better place.

It was so easy to tell it was a lie about him "getting hit by crossfire" what are the chances of someone in a moving truck being hit dead on in the head? Extremely slim and from what i hear from Human Rights news now is they don't think there was any crossfire at all at the time, Also the dozens of other Gadaffi loyalists that were executed near the same spot doesn't help NTC rebels at all in the eyes of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
        This is why nothing in these countries will ever change.
        You are absolutely right Juneau, they will never change. We are talking about a society based on tribal cultures. I do think Libya will do better than some countries as from the start they started putting things in place for when he was gone.

I had mexed feeling about how he was caught and killed but I have not lived under a tyrant for 40 years so I can't imaine the feelings of those who captured him. I spoke to someone this morning who believes it is better that he is gone and it is now all over. I do however strongly disagree with putting his body on display, but again different cultures.
        Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

Their next culture problem is what to do with the body. You don't want to start a rally point,but culture shows some respect to the body and to his relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
            Their next culture problem is what to do with the body. You don't want to start a rally point,but culture shows some respect to the body and to his relatives.
            What about the relatives and culture of all his victims, thousands of them. Send him to visit Saddam in the deep blue.
            Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jaspurr View Post
              What about the relatives and culture of all his victims, thousands of them. Send him to visit Saddam in the deep blue.
              I knew I would get a reply like this. But it is only one other side to the arguement. Thank god we don't have to make that choice.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                I knew I would get a reply like this. But it is only one other side to the arguement. Thank god we don't have to make that choice.
                I hear he'll be buried in a unnamed, undisclosed location in the desert.

Comment

He was.
                  Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                  Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                  I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                  Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                  Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X