Telemarketers and Cell Phones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telemarketers and Cell Phones

Cell phone numbers are about to be released to telemarketers so be prepared to receive calls from them.
    Or call 888-382-1222. This is the Federal Do Not Call List. Call this number from the cell phone you want blocked. It takes only about 15 to 30 seconds to do.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Nothing wrong with registering, but I don't think anything is changing regarding publishing of cell phone numbers. I haven't heard anything official about this, and false announcements keep surfacing every few months (to keep Snopes.com in business).

Comment

Can I use that number to block my home phone too? My God are they annoying. They always call in the worst possible time.

Thanks for the info!

Comment

You should be able to use it. Also if they continue to call report them.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I was pretty annoyed by the car dealership my wife bought her car from. they apparently sold they're warranty database to some third party. So when the OEM warranty expired I got a call from some guy with a thick NJ accent. When I stated I'm on the do not call registry he said ..

Hey F$%^ you and your do not call registry. You can stick it up you #$%.
          It was so comical I just started laughing

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
            I was pretty annoyed by the car dealership my wife bought her car from. they apparently sold they're warranty database to some third party. So when the OEM warranty expired I got a call from some guy with a thick NJ accent. When I stated I'm on the do not call registry he said ..

It was so comical I just started laughing
            Ok for reference... NJ accents are really people from Staten Island who moved to NJ.

Comment

Nice job Apache. Good thing to know.
              [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I feel in this thread I should mention that I'm using google voice for my landline. Which totally rocks. Once you setup the contacts you can then apply rules on how calls are handled. Unknown number.... straight to voicemail, you wanna screen the voice mail sure thing. My wife calls..it routes to my cell phone. It will also do crappy voice mail transcription (it can forward these to SMS or email) and forward the voice mail to my email. I'm using a Obi 110 this thing rocks

http://www.amazon.com/OBi110-Service...9132502&sr=1-1

Cost....free. The obi box is 50 bucks.

Comment

Just signed up
                  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                  Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                  widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X