Who can help me ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who can help me ???

I need a computer program that will do some basic math on a bunch of numbers.

I would input between 5 and possibly up to 50 numbers then this program will perform basic math, square root, square, adding, subtracting and dividing, comparing some variables to a chart, and at the end I will get one number.

Who can make this for me?? I have no idea what where, but I know that doing some basic match has got to be something that someone out there can make fairly easily.

As it is now I am sitting down with a hand held calculator, a pen and paper, and taking a LONG time to crunch these numbers...

There has GOT to be a better way !!

Help!??

http://www.cainslair.com/SW846PPG1_4.pdf

Comment

ok I have never played with it but should excel be able to be set up this way?

Comment

I can help. You just need to implement the formulas in the attached pdf?

Comment

Beats the heck out of me....

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
            I need a computer program that will do some basic math on a bunch of numbers.

I would input between 5 and possibly up to 50 numbers then this program will perform basic math, square root, square, adding, subtracting and dividing, comparing some variables to a chart, and at the end I will get one number.

Who can make this for me?? I have no idea what where, but I know that doing some basic match has got to be something that someone out there can make fairly easily.

As it is now I am sitting down with a hand held calculator, a pen and paper, and taking a LONG time to crunch these numbers...

There has GOT to be a better way !!

Help!??

http://www.cainslair.com/SW846PPG1_4.pdf
            I can try to put something together in excel. I'm basically just going to setup a bunch of formulas you listed above and go from there.
            Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Lol, let me pose this question another way.

Can you explain what you are doing manually? Then we can automate it with a program.

Comment

Wolfram alpha is a great online calculator it can do mathmatics up until calc2(some topics further some less)

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                  ok I have never played with it but should excel be able to be set up this way?
                  Golden, this is exactly what i was thinking. But i have no idea how to use formulas in excel. However I think this is what excel is really meant for.

Comment

Originally posted by harpy View Post
                    Lol, let me pose this question another way.

Can you explain what you are doing manually? Then we can automate it with a program.
                    I got a few of the functions Cain listed off in excel, had to zip it because the website wont accept .xls attachments. . Might have some time after work to revise / revist this spreadsheet.

Agreed on Harpy's post, let us know what you are manually doing and we can automate from there.
                    Attached Files
                    Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

I know Excel, can do regular and advanced formulas, nesting statements and so on (but no macros, I suck at those).
                      But I don't read math very well.

If you can english out those formulars, I could get it done.

I read the first formula and it does not make any sense.

It is saying that S = the square root of S squared. So S=S
                      4 squared = 16
                      Square root of 16 = 4
                      So S = 4

Meh, I hate math
                      [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                      So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X