No announcement yet.

antalope attacks biker.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spent 12 years involved in competitive cycling. I once rolled a front tire descending @ about 40 mph. in that accident(and I had plenty more) I took 20 stitches in my head and had severe abrasions on my shoulder and hip. when I see a crash like that whether IRL or video, I feel it all over again.

i'm a little surprised at the responses to what I posted. I know at least some of you get out from behind your PCs and go outside from time to time. nobody expects to get attacked by a bear or run over by a moose. those things happen, a lot, in this country.

while I found that video interesting(actually watched it before this) and having a "wow" factor. I seriously never find someone else's pain or suffering humorous.

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_chef View Post
      I spent 12 years involved in competitive cycling. I once rolled a front tire descending @ about 40 mph. in that accident(and I had plenty more) I took 20 stitches in my head and had severe abrasions on my shoulder and hip. when I see a crash like that whether IRL or video, I feel it all over again.

i'm a little surprised at the responses to what I posted. I know at least some of you get out from behind your PCs and go outside from time to time. nobody expects to get attacked by a bear or run over by a moose. those things happen, a lot, in this country.

while I found that video interesting(actually watched it before this) and having a "wow" factor. I seriously never find someone else's pain or suffering humorous.
      I don't think anyone would have been making a joke of it if he didn't have anything other then a head abrasion and a great story. I am sorry if I was hit by an antalope I would be making jokes of it for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_chef View Post
        If the cyclist and/or his friend who recorded and you-tubed the incident had the same qualms, then I suppose they wouldn't have posted the video in the public arena. At any rate, they made a name for theirselves...even if he never wins a race, he'll still be the "antelope guy"...pity "dates"...guest speakers at nature preserves, etc....

As for me, when someone willingly takes certain risks and pays a price for them, I'm afraid I don't have too much sympathy...and I would expect little sympathy for myself in such situations. I remember some words from younger years after willingly ignoring sage advice: "don't come crying to me if you get hurt". Made sense then. Makes sense now.

Comment

i don't think I used the word sympathy. If I were to use a word it would have been empathy. I simply said I don't find it funny.

Comment

Don't worry, be happy now!
            [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

That thing kicked his ass and it looked like he tea-bagged him too !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                That thing kicked his ass and it looked like he tea-bagged him too !!

Remember, You don't mess with Mother Nature.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLrTPrp-fW8
                Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X