Chem Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chem Help

What is the molar concentration of As( III ) in a solution if 24.80 mL of 0.120 M KBrO_3 is needed to titrate 48.65 mL of the As( III ) solution? The balanced equation is
    3H_3AsO_3(aq)} + BrO_3^-(aq) ----> Br^-(aq) + 3H_3AsO_4(aq)

_ is used to show subscript
    ^ used to show superscript

Molarity formula is....
    Molarity=Moles/Liters

I took the molarity formula applied it t the .0248L and .120molar and then set that equal to molarity x liters(.04865).
    The answer i got was .0611716 molar, but that is wrong i guess any help?

Have you tried your chem book? Or Yahoo answers. It's usually used by kids to finish their homework.

Comment

Damnit now I'll have those nightmares that I'm back in college and never got through Chemistry !!

Comment

I failed that class

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
          Have you tried your chem book? Or Yahoo answers. It's usually used by kids to finish their homework.
          the problems in our book are way easier than this, and i tried google and got no results.

Although i figured it out(aka had a friend tell me how to do it) i forgot to multiply the answer i got by 3 for the coefficient lol

Comment

Not to be a smart-ass but, the balance formula does not use Potassium Bromate (KBrO_3) only BrO_3.

The question asks about the molarity of KBrO_3, maybe that is why you are struggling ??

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
              Not to be a smart-ass but, the balance formula does not use Potassium Bromate (KBrO_3) only BrO_3.

The question asks about the molarity of KBrO_3, maybe that is why you are struggling ??

pretty astute for someone that failed chem

Comment

Hmm, trick question. Ask me something about women or beer and I might be able to help.
                [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                  Hmm, trick question. Ask me something about women or beer and I might be able to help.
                  Citrix or Active Directory for me.
                  Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_chef View Post
                    pretty astute for someone that failed chem
                    Nah, I got through Organic, I just kept having a nightmare that I didn't...

Comment

I friend was a Chemistry Major and his last year consisted of three quarters of Physical Chemistry. You had to take them and the College only offered the one class during each quarter. He was injured in an automobile accident, the second quarter and missed to many classes. He ended up having to start over the next year.
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                        What kind of women do you recommend, pre-op or post-op?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                        Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X