Sorry I've been away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry I've been away

It seems lately that I have no time to jump on the computer. Life's been crazy. So my wife has been spending part of the week away doing horse jumping.

She left last Wednesday and I went to fire up my system. Uh oh it looks like my GT2 9800 was fried. So I did what anyone who has a friend at Nvidia would do. I called my friend and asked him to hook a brother up! which he did. I've got a new GTX 480 installed last night. Problem was things ran like shat. So update drivers, directX etc.. things are running better but, I still think there is more to do.

Ontop of that two weeks ago my company was acquired. We were bought by Hitachi Data Systems. The cool thing is since we were privately held they're buying out our options. Even cooler they'll continue to buy them out while they vest. A bummer part is I loose a week of vacation. On Nov first whatever is not used they're going to pay it out completely at time and half. I'd rather have four weeks vaca but, ok whatever.

So the third thing is with the anticipated income from the stock option and vaca buy out I bought a new lens for my Canon. I bought this

More info on it.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-70-200mm...6811731&sr=8-4

The reason I bought it now is because my sister inlaw is getting married. So next Wednesday I'm flying out to Oahu for a three or four day of wedding stuff. then my wife and I are taking off the next week and half to hang out on Kauai and do some scuba diving.

So I may be on tomorrow for al ittle but, life is crazy ...good but, crazy

Good and bad news I guess.
    You could take that last week off in Oct when BF3 is released.

Comment

Wow, Mapes, nice lens! I saw you in game last night and wanted to POP in and say hi, but I had some other obligations. I hope the new changes are all for the better, and I hope to be able to see you ingame sometime soon...or when the new one comes out. Miss ya, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
        Wow, Mapes, nice lens!
        The thing is freaking huge! It was kinda nice it shipped with a decent case and a tripod ring on the lens. One downside is no IS but meh whatever.

Comment

I was wondering where you ran off to, good to see you back and enjoy the new toy.
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

You're a diver?? so am I ...

Comment

Wow nice lens! i want!... ive also been away back and forth lots of things happening. hope you sort the crazy out man i miss you!!!!
              sigpic

The sentence below is true.
              The sentence above is false.

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                You're a diver?? so am I ...
                So am I....

Good to see you mapes. I hope all works out well with the new masters and enjoy hawaii

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X