CEO Pay Rises While Stature Fades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
    The whole thing is a rip-off to the consumer. Their exorbitant salaries mean the tickets to the game have to be higher, so the average schmo who wants to come see his team play has to shell out more of his hard-earned cash to do so. Not to mention the high prices of team merchandise.
    If they weren't paid as much, maybe tickets to the game wouldn't be so dang high.

Like you said, they are basically entertainers. Then again, I guess entertainers are overpaid in general...
    Something that is voluntary can not be a rip off, because you're not forced to participate. You may find that is priced too high, however economists would disagree with your assessment. If I could sell mud pies for $20, and people would buy them... I would bring mud pies to market!

People will make what the market will bear. It's simple economics.

I'm no Laissez-faire economist, but I'm pretty danged close ...

Guess what... College Football starts tonight!!!

Comment

Originally posted by harpy View Post
      Something that is voluntary can not be a rip off, because you're not forced to participate. You may find that is priced too high, however economists would disagree with your assessment. If I could sell mud pies for $20, and people would buy them... I would bring mud pies to market!

People will make what the market will bear. It's simple economics.

I'm no Laissez-faire economist, but I'm pretty danged close ...

Guess what... College Football starts tonight!!!
      I'm not saying we should limit pro players' salaries (just as I don't think CEO salaries should be limited). I can still think it is ridiculous. My point was that IMO a CEO affects the economy more directly than an NFL player.

College Football FTW! Go VOLS!
      [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
        I'm not saying we should limit pro players' salaries (just as I don't think CEO salaries should be limited). I can still think it is ridiculous. My point was that IMO a CEO affects the economy more directly than an NFL player.

College Football FTW! Go VOLS!
        You and I meet about in the middle

Comment

35 million isn't even near the top. And the CEO isn't the only one pulling in huge salaries and stock + Options.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X