Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the first game .... at Cain's ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Counter Strike
    2. Day of defeat
    Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

1. Some BBS game where you built armies and tried to kill your neighbor. It ran in real time and the 1st person on after midnight pretty much raped everyone else. Around 1992.

2. BF2142

Comment

I think the first game I played online was Diablo.

First game on Cains was BF2142.
        [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Quake 2

Comment

2) Quakeworld, DM !! My first Cain's Game !!

I started playing at CAIN'S when you put up the UT99 demo (Coret, Coret, Coret...) and joined the forum (Dec of 2000), roughly when the full game was launched (not quite sure at the moment when that was).

Ello! Ello!
            Last edited by Faust; 22 Aug 2011, 01:18 PM. Reason: spelting
            Some people drink deeply from the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.

Comment

Ofcourse it was TF2!!

Comment

1) Doom, via a local BBS. Think it was on a 28.8 modem.

2) UT99. Seems like it was soooo long ago, yet not that far back to forget the great memories. Tossing a redeemer into the enemy base on Face and watching the damage was a lotta fun. I actually learned thru practice how to t-port jump up to the redeemer perch !
                Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

I'm a bit fuzzy on the dates, but I believe my first online game would of been Diablo. Had my own little clan and webpage, built on that webpage platform where you had an actual address on a street (Geocities).

My first FPS style online game was probably Tribes

I also played the first MMORPG, Ultima Online, from 1996 to about 2000.

My first game at Cain's? I had played UT99, but not at Cain's. So that would make UT:2004 Onslaught my first CLR game. I was new to the game, didn't know anyone online who played. I would login and sort the servers by size. Cain's was always full. I would go play elsewhere, then one day, there was a spot open on Cain's so I joined.... and never looked back.

Since then... DOD:S, CS:S, BF2, TF2, WoW, UT3 (for a few days), BF2142 (for a few weeks), BC2 and a few more I really can't remember.
                  [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                  So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

Originally posted by WalkinTarget View Post
                    1) Doom, via a local BBS. Think it was on a 28.8 modem.
                    I was having the whole "how long have you been online" talk with a friend. I never played Doom on a BBS, mainly the Doors (Trade Wars, LORD). But I do remember actually having a 2400 modem... man, that upgrade to 14.4 was just AWESOME! hahaha

I also remember calling long distance BBSs and my parents totally freaking out at the telephone bill
                    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
                    So all you get is this crappy text]

Comment

My first game online was Battlefield 1942, followed shortly by America's Army. It took me forever to play anything online because I was a console guy growing up, didn't even have a PC until my sophomore year in college in 1995, and I had a guy on my floor who played online and it just looked so intimidating that I didn't bother trying for awhile. (this doesn't count a few dorm lan games of Age of Empires, and hotseat games of Heroes of Might and Magic 3).

Turns out I'm fairly good at many of these games and had nothing to fear. I learned tanking and how to drop an M203 round into a glass at 200 yards pretty quickly back in those games.

My first Cain's game, and still the best Cain's game, was UT2k4 ONS. And I'm not sure any of us who have that as our first game would disagree that it was the bomb.

-Rand

P.S. On Twinky's second post--I got internet access my first full day of college in 1994, and spent many an hour on my roomies PC and in the computer labs surfing the web on Lynx and using Usenet for information and lurking. Mosaic 1.0 was so innovative, it blew my little mind. I used my school account to store a copy of Transport Tycoon and of various DOOM/follow-up shooters to play at lab pcs. Usenet used to be so awesome before the web made the discussion forums obsolete.
                      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

1. Ut2k4
                        2. Ut2k4

Before that i mainly stuck to single player or consoles.

Comment

Call of Duty 4
                          Call of Duty 4

Comment

1) Quake 2 FTW!

2) BF2.... man i remember finding this place... I felt home

Comment

First Online Game: QIII

First Cain's Lair Game: UT2004

Awesome memories of both.
                              [img]http://www.fpsreport.com/tuqui/Sig01.jpg[/img]

Comment

First online game was Unreal Tournament (99) for me... started regularly playing on some German server after I'd discovered it. Turned out later that it was part of a pretty popular online community.

First Cain's Lair game was Unreal Tournament 2004, found the server pretty much the same way BigTwinky did, and decided to stick around for the same reasons. During one of the, if not the first game I played @ Cain's, Cain was actually tweaking the server and asking the players how we liked the changes he had made.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X