P90 and FNH's 5.7 Pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P90 and FNH's 5.7 Pistol

So a buddy of mine and I went to a local shooting range today to try out the Glock 17. We were both pretty interested in it and were thinking of getting one. However, the two of us have been avid FPS gamers for quite sometime and have both developed a kind of love of the P90.

So upon seeing one (a Ps90--long barrel semi auto) for sale in the store and then finding out we could rent one. We were torn because we came to try out a pistol but the P90 was there, calling our names. The range is organized in a manner such that you rent guns by caliber. This meant we could pay one rental fee say for a .45 caliber. This allowing us to shoot any variety of .45 guns that were available.

Luckily the range had a FN Herstal Five-seveN pistol which matches the caliber of the P90. So we took the 5.7 pistol and a box of 50 rounds into the range to fire the first weapon either of us have touched since we were just kids. His experience with a revolver at age 12, and mine with a .22 rifle at 14. This really being our first time firing guns since we really cared about firing guns. The pistol went rather well, with only completely missing the silhouette with 2 rounds each. Not a short or real long distance, I'd say 20-30ft maybe. Then we took to the P90 with a second box of 50 rounds starting with the targets near mid range, then moving them out as far as they would go, getting a total of only 6 misses, 3 each. The last 5 shots for each of us being within a 3" circle at just over halfway down the range. I think I'll be picking up the P90 they had for sale pretty soon.

It was really fun to shoot, amazingly accurate, almost no recoil. And, it was basically a P90. $90 well spent IMO.

Five-seveN Tactical

PS90

Ive been thinking about buying a new gun and the p90 was on my list to consider. Unfortunately for the p90 I've had the itch for a garand like Mapes got. Unless I find another gun that I REALLY want.

I've never shot the Five seven but Ive heard decent things about it. The glock 17 was on my list too but after going to a local shop I decided on a Springfield xd subcompact.

Sounds like you're getting ready to spend some money
    Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by baconoclock View Post
      Ive been thinking about buying a new gun and the p90 was on my list to consider. Unfortunately for the p90 I've had the itch for a garand like Mapes got. Unless I find another gun that I REALLY want.

I've never shot the Five seven but Ive heard decent things about it. The glock 17 was on my list too but after going to a local shop I decided on a Springfield xd subcompact.

Sounds like you're getting ready to spend some money
      I don't have a M1 Garand I've got a Springfield M1A (civvie M14). I do love the Garand but, I have to say the M1A is an amazing rifle.

Comment

A friend of mine in High school had an M1 his granddad brought back from WWII. It was a great gun and fun to shoot.

How easy is it to get that 5.7 ammo? I wonder what kind of stopping power it has compared to a 9mm or 40cal.
        [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

My Uncle kept his M1 Carbine from WWII.
          APache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post
            A friend of mine in High school had an M1 his granddad brought back from WWII. It was a great gun and fun to shoot.

How easy is it to get that 5.7 ammo? I wonder what kind of stopping power it has compared to a 9mm or 40cal.
            In their ads for the gun, they say the five-seven will penetrate a kevlar helmet.

Congrats in advance on the P-90, Chaos. I have a number of FN articles, and love them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead...Again View Post

Depends what you mean by easy. They sell it everywhere they sell ammo, but it is nearly twice as expensive as a box of 9mm. I picked one of those 5.7s out last time I was at markleys, and it was awesome, very accurate. Those bullets are very sharp and pointy though, might want some gloves if your going to buy one of those guns and load a mag often. Probably want gloves for any and all guns really, cleaner.

Comment

5.7 ammo is easy to get, but like snake said, its more expensive. I've seen the boxes of 50 about as cheap as $25 for 50 but that's about it. I want to try to get a deal on the P90 and the 5-7 tactical pistol so I can get the deal from FNH for $150 rebate for ammo. That would give me about 250 rounds for free.

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
                  I don't have a M1 Garand I've got a Springfield M1A (civvie M14). I do love the Garand but, I have to say the M1A is an amazing rifle.
                  Ahhh, woops

Still want a Garand though (and wouldn't mind the M1A also).
                  Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

I think if I was gonna have that type of rifle it would have to be a garand or an M14 EBR.

With a darn good scope.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos_Skunk View Post
                      I think if I was gonna have that type of rifle it would have to be a garand or an M14 EBR.

With a darn good scope.

I tried putting a scope on the M1A. The way that action is the scope mounts don't mount so well and it kinda sucked. This why the Socom and Scout models have reflex sights. I think one model comes with some thing where you can mount a scope. I have to say at a 100 yards with the mil post style peep sight the M1A is bad ass accurate.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X