Any other divers out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any other divers out there?

So I live 10 minutes from the Pacific Ocean in California. I'm also about 45 minutes from some of the best diving in the world in Monterrey CA area. The water here is cold cold cold. I've always dove wet.. (for non divers I'm in a wet suit as opposed to a dry suit). Anyways three or four years ago my wife and I would dive a ton in the summer time. My wife since then has gotten into horses and we really only dive warm water vacation type stuff now adays. One of the cool things about this area is the we are one of the few areas where giant kelp grows in the summer like giant under water forests. Also we have tons sea mammals in the area Harbor Seals, Dolphins, Whales, Elephant Seals and my fav California Sea Lions. Well my wife is away for month on a horse training internship. So I hooked up last weekend with my friend who I originally did my basic cert with. My friend is one of those people who when he gets interested in something he goes all out. I'm a open circuit diver (meaning bubbles come out on my exhale) with certs for recreational diving and enriched Oxygen air mixtures (Nitrox). My friend is certed for recreational, nitrox, tri mix, rebreather, wreck penetration. Basically he's a tech diver now. So anyways I wanted to get into the water. For not having been in cold water for over 3 years I'm rightfully proud of this dive profile. I had awesome air consumption (started 3700 PSI finished 1100 PSI) and no ascent violations on my computer. An ascent violation is when you ascend too fast... Thats bad in diving. Well ok in the dive profile below there is one ascent violation but, it's nothing. My buddy was diving drysuit and with a rebreather (CCUBA for you Mil types). When diving with someone on a rebreather there are certain checks I have to do. One of them is a bubble check. He had a slight leak out of the stem of his dilutent tank and we ascended to speak about it at the very start of the dive. Anyways heres my dive profile.

Awesome! I have always wanted to learn to dive but my wife can't swim for crap and is scared to be in water when she can't touch the bottom
    [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Very cool maps. I have had my cert for 30 yrs and have done a good portion of the Caribbean...none of that cold water BS for me. It's been about 5 yrs since I have been out and miss it.

You are way too close not to take advantage. Are most of yours around 45-50 ft? Or do you get some deep dives in too?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
      Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X