Oslo hit by terrorist attacks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oslo hit by terrorist attacks.

Norway has been hit by twin attacks - a massive bomb blast in the capital and a shooting attack on young people at a governing Labour Party youth camp.
    BBC News - Norway hit by deadly bomb and shooting attacks

You never really expect things like this to happen in places like Norway.

A former employee married a Norwegian and moved to Oslo. I haven't heard yet if she is all right.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Nobody expected domestic terrorism someplace like Oklahoma City either. Or Columbine. Crazy has no nationality.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico View Post
        Nobody expected domestic terrorism someplace like Oklahoma City either. Or Columbine. Crazy has no nationality.
        +1 Very True
        We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

Comment

The death toll is scary high for one person. Most being killed on the island too, and not the huge explosion.

Comment

He was dressed as a policeman. Some people ran to him for protection when they heard the gunfire.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

All I can get from CNN and BBC was that this was "one of the worst" shootings in history. I've got to think it's like top 3 all time in terms of number of victims from 1 shooter. The bomb was apparently Ammonimum Nitrate and that total wasn't even close.

Which is the best thing about a tragic day. Apparently many of the employees had already left for the day or were on holiday. A normal workday would have had far more victims. Similar to the only positive note on 9/11 in that regard.

-Rand
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X