X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basketball Court?

From Above.

Street Level.

Get some basketball players drunk and let them play on this court.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Hmmm, doesn't really seem to motivate the players too well, does it? (ie., they're all laying down)

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
      Hmmm, doesn't really seem to motivate the players too well, does it? (ie., they're all laying down)
      So it's just like the real NBA?

-Rand
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
        So it's just like the real NBA?

-Rand
        Hee hee...don't know: I stopped watching that in the 90s (not getting cable to watch a bunch of children run about).

Comment

I guess with the NBA Lockout their basketball courts are going to be getting the same treatment.

NBA locks out its players after negotiations on labor deal fail

"In what could be a bigger threat to its season than football's current labor stoppage, the NBA imposed a lockout of players at 9:01 p.m. Pacific time Thursday.

"We didn't see any options," NBA Commissioner David Stern told reporters earlier Thursday after a three-hour meeting between owners' representatives and union leaders in New York failed to produce a new collective bargaining agreement.

"I don't think we're closer," Stern said. "We have a huge philosophical divide."

"Owners might think this is the best way to get what they want. We don't agree," Derek Fisher, the Lakers guard and president of the National Basketball Players Assn., told reporters.

Unlike the NFL's labor dispute over how to divide up an extra $1 billion in TV revenue, the NBA says 22 of its 30 teams are unprofitable and that the league lost about $300 million last season. This despite a reported $4.3 billion in revenue and record television ratings last season.

To fix their financial problems, NBA owners want to sharply cut the players' 57% share of basketball revenue, established in the last labor deal, impose a stronger salary cap, reduce guaranteed contracts and lock players into a 10-year collective bargaining agreement — double the length of the last deal."
          NBA lockout strips team websites of player images
          A wrinkle in the collective bargaining agreement means that current players' names and images have been removed from the NBA and team websites. Now it's just cheerleaders, mascots and logos.

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Seems like a waste of space IMHO. That court I mean. Maybe the NBA as well.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X