Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting article on the age of gamers and their shopping habits.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting article on the age of gamers and their shopping habits.

This article is mostly aobout our kids and the content they are getting. I have told Mini Duke that if I hear him utter the an F bomb then he will not be playing games that have that in the content. He also wont be playing Duke Nukem or Diablo3(Unless they allow to have the blood turned off). I think it has more to do with what the parents teach their kids as opposed to sitting back and letting some political hack make a rating system.

Average Gamer is 37 Years Old
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

games are wierd. cool you want to kep your kid from being a complete rapascallion.
    the chat filter in BC2 is a good example of games being screwed up. you cant type a ton of words. you can not even type the word "damn". You can however shoot a guy and the in game voice yells( NICE f'ING SHOT" OR " TAKE THAT MF'ER OUT!"

you'd think that if a chat filter is on, the in game voices would be off.

Comment

In September, James Steyer, the CEO and founder of Common Sense Media, an organization that touts legislating the gaming industry, pointed to his own firm's study that found 72 percent of parents would support a law that bans the sale of "ultraviolent or sexually violent" video games.
      Ultraviolent and sexually violent? I suppose they could have slanted the survey even more to disgust parents with a few words I can't use in the forums, but, hey, what would you expect from the CEO of a firm that touts legislating the gaming industry?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X