Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nepalese soldier fights off 30+ Taliban attackers

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110602...stannepalaward

A Nepalese soldier in the British army has been given a top bravery award by Queen Elizabeth II for his heroics in Afghanistan, where he single-handedly fought off more than 30 Taliban fighters.

Corporal Dipprasad Pun, 31, said he thought he was going to die and so had nothing to lose in taking on the attackers who overran his checkpoint.

He was awarded the Conspicuous Gallantry Cross (CGC), which is given in recognition of acts of conspicuous gallantry during active operations against the enemy.

Double kill on a claymore .. I bet the last two attackers rage quit after that !
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Camper!

Comment

The British Gurkas have always been some of the most effective fighters in the British Army.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

This was in badassoftheweek.com

Badass of the Week: Dipprasad Pun

Comment

Yeah. Camper

Comment

I knew a Nepalese woman for many years. It seems fire in the veins might be quite common for the people there.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X