Tornado kills 89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tornado kills 89

They estimated this one in Joplin Missouri was between a mile to a mile and a half wide. It flattened much of the town, wrecked the hospital, etc.

Other tornadoes also struck Minneapolis MN and LaCrosse WI. What a year for weather.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43132174/ns/weather/

That is one nasty looking cloud on the video.

The weather here seems to be weird here too. Not life threatening like yours though.

Comment

They are estimating 25% to 35% of the town was destroyed.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

The death toll is up to 116 now...with more still unaccounted for. They also said the peak winds were between 190 and 198 MPH.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
          The death toll is up to 116 now...with more still unaccounted for. They also said the peak winds were between 190 and 198 MPH.
          Puts the up to 100mph winds some parts of the UK had today into perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
            Puts the up to 100mph winds some parts of the UK had today into perspective.
            Truly insane winds. Not much going to stand up to that.

Comment

Yeah the global weather is pretty crazy!
              [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
              Like the community? Donate here:
              [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

One of my friends took this on the same day in Oklahoma City. I'm not sure if its the same storm cell that hit Joplin but this storm was making its way northeast inline to Missouri

Comment

Well its my turn. see you guys after my tornados that's coming to oklahoma city

Comment

Originally posted by Caddys83 View Post
                    One of my friends took this on the same day in Oklahoma City. I'm not sure if its the same storm cell that hit Joplin but this storm was making its way northeast inline to Missouri

Probably was, the storm that rolled through here was moving northeast.

Lots of blood drives going on here, unfortunately i cant donate for another 2 weeks
                    Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Those are some monsters...better seen from a distance. Hope nothing heavy heads your way, Caddys.

Comment

Did those storms hit you, Caddys?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13536108

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43159213/ns/weather/
                        Last edited by Skud; 25 May 2011, 12:10 AM. Reason: added link

Comment

Yeah, I was at work when it made its way to the city. I wasnt to far when one of the tornadoes cross I-40. From what I heard, the highway patrol closed part of the I-40. I think the sirens sounded 6 times in my area.

The downpour was nuts that I couldnt see crap outside. The Storm cell plow through the city but my work area and home is fine. Right now I dont know how bad it was cause I havent seen the news yet. So far that I know, the tornados were in the outskirts of Oklahoma City. Infact, this storm is making its way back to Joplin

Comment

Yeah, I was at work when it made its way to the city. I wasnt to far when one of the tornadoes cross I-40. From what I heard, the highway patrol closed part of the I-40. I think the sirens sounded 6 times in my area.

The downpour was nuts that I couldnt see crap outside. The Storm cell plow through the city but my work area and home is fine. Right now I dont know how bad it was cause I havent seen the news yet. So far that I know, the tornados were in the outskirts of Oklahoma City. Infact, this storm is making its way back to Joplin
                            I'm glad your home and work, and you, are alright, man.

Comment

Before and after pics of Joplin.

Joplin before and after the devestating tornado : theCHIVE

This is my 2nd fave web site after the Lair.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X