Now that IS product placement!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that IS product placement!

Walking Dead billboard on funeral parlour: Now that IS product placement! | Mail Online
    [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
    <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

I saw that earlier today when i bought the newspaper. Absolute classic!

Comment

Jeez I really don't see what the problem is. I mean if they're going to put up adverts something like this will happen eventually. Which makes me ask WTF do they have adverts on a mortuary anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
        Jeez I really don't see what the problem is. I mean if they're going to put up adverts something like this will happen eventually. Which makes me ask WTF do they have adverts on a mortuary anyways?
        It's a billboard on the paving next to the mortuary. There are lot of boards like this in the UK. They're owned by city councils.

Comment

I just don't see the problem.

Maybe I'm just insensitive.
          ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Seems like the bigger issue is that the UK is just now getting season 1 of The Walking Dead. That show freakin' rocks!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico View Post
              Seems like the bigger issue is that the UK is just now getting season 1 of The Walking Dead. That show freakin' rocks!
              Had it a while ago now. Sadly in the UK some TV shows follow a double airing pattern. This means they're first shown on Cable/Satelite to subscription paying viewers. An episode will air roughly 1 to 2 weeks after it has been broadcast in the US. Then, the show is passed on to Freeview Terrestrial channels a couple of months after the shows first airing, and this is what the advert is for.

So instead of waiting 12 weeks for the season to be aired, then the month or two break before it's release on DVD and Bluray you have to wait twice as long (at least). Most of the time it doesn't bother me, however this time it really does as i want the Bluray now!!!!

Hope that's easy to understand lol.

Comment

Does the airing on public TV get edited for language, gore etc?

Comment

Does the airing on public TV get edited for language, gore etc?
                  Nope. It just gets put in a timeslot that allows it to be aired uncut. Normally 9-10pm+.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                    Nope. It just gets put in a timeslot that allows it to be aired uncut. Normally 9-10pm+.
                    Score one for the UK. First time blood flew on US TV there would be thousands of lawsuits for the network traumatizing all the childrens.

Comment

Score one for the UK. First time blood flew on US TV there would be thousands of lawsuits for the network traumatizing all the childrens.
                      Even when things are aired after 10pm?

United Kingdom

According to Ofcom, the watershed on standard television in the UK starts at 9:00 p.m.,[7] and finishes at 5:30 a.m. the next morning. Programmes that are 15+ are shown during this period. However, some 12+ shows can be shown before 09:00 p.m., such as The Simpsons, Malcolm in the Middle and Doctor Who. On premium film or pay-per-view services requiring a subscription, the watershed starts at 8:00 p.m. However, 12, 15 and 18 rated films can be shown on PIN protected channels (such as Sky Movies) at any time of the day. Viewers are required to enter their PIN to view. There should be a gentle transition to adult material,[8] and 18-rated material is not allowed to be shown before 10:00 p.m.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X