Spaniards in the house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spaniards in the house

We have some of your countrymen here in the high desert Minerva. They work for MTorres and they are helping to put drilling robots on our assembly line. It's kinda wierd to see/hear a bunch of white guys speaking Spainish. We hear spainish here alot but it sounds different coming from these guys. I almost want to stare at them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ahhhh.... because you associate Spanish language with Hispanic/Latino. And these guys are from Spain, Europe. Our Spanish sounds different and we are Caucasians.

This reminds me when a month ago I had a blood test (here in the States), and the person who was performing it asked me what race I was, because I was Caucasian but yet Spanish ?? Like I was some weird combination!

Looks like they are located in Navarra, north of Spain. If they are from there and you want to be nice with them... tell them: Viva San Fermin !!
    K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
    sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

I had a peer who grew up in mid Mexico. He came to Texas and barely understood 1 in 5 words from the local Hispanics.
      Tex-Mex is WAY different from Middle Mexico. I have no idea how close that is to Spanish/Spain.
      ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Dialect is different what ever language you speak. Cubans and Puerto Ricans have trouble understanding each other. The Scots can be difficult for some native English speakers to understand. Southern Americans the same. My wife is Italian and her family speaks a dialect of Italian that is not understandable by Italians that did not grow up in that area.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

pft sirex no like apache!

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
          ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

I said some.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Sirex View Post

pft sirex no like apache!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X