Another thing on the list..... the lame list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thing on the list..... the lame list

I used to be able to eat any food I wanted..... and no, this is not concerning weight....

A few years ago, out of the blue, my body started having terrible problems with apples (all forms... pie, applesauce, etc.)

Basically if i drank a cup of applejuice... i'd be hurting within 2 hours and would have to rush to the bathroom and get it out of me...stomach cramps, feels like i can feel my intestines moving, etc..... (and the funny part is the bathroom will literally smell like apples... like "plug it in" Glade fresh lol)

Anyways....

Today I ordered a salad from Chipoltes and that thing was OFF THE HOOK GOOD... however.... i just returned from a horrendous bathroom trip as if i just ate a whole bag of granny smith apples....

Anyone else have food issues like this? or can explain why my body is slowly rejecting different types of foods that i used to eat all the time with no issues.....

So something in a mexican salad caused ultra discomfort until it left my body...

ps. this may be tmi for some people, get over it

I love eating hot jalapenos with food but my stomach say no

Comment

For me, food hasn't been a problem with my stomach... but with arthritic gout. I was a gout sufferer for years, beginning when I was about 29 (almost 42 now). It gradually got worse and more frequent the older I got. Foods that set it off were shrimp, bacon, beans, hot dogs... foods high in purines. Love shrimp but didn't eat any for about 4 or 5 years.

All the medicines the doctors prescribed didn't work and had horrible side effects. Desperate, I started looking for alternative treatments and stumbled upon celery seed extract from a doctor's blog (the dr. also had gout).

What the heck, I figured I'd give it a try. That was October of 2009. I've been gout free ever since and am enjoying shrimp again.

I get the celery seed extract pills from puritanspride.com, dirt cheap. I take two after lunch and two after dinner. If I eat an overabuncance of foods that normally trigger gout, I might take one or two more.

Previously, I had always been a big skeptic and critic of homeopathic treatments but this has certainly changed my mind.

If you have any friends or family that are gout sufferers, let them know about celery seed extract.
      [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
      <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

I still am able to eat anything I want. And I love hot and spicy food.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

The only thing that changed for me is milk, now I have to buy Lactaid milk which is like $7.00 a gallon lol.
          Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Dr google to the rescue ? http://www.doctorslounge.com/gastroe...pic-26556.html

Also spicy food does it to me. I eat a ton of it but a couple hours before bed is a no-no unfortunately
            Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

See? THAT is why I don't eat apples. Or maybe it's because they're fruit. Ew.

Comment

I constantly feel like i'm shaking, and really notice my heart beat/pulse. Seems like it's food related, but nobody seems to be in any kind of rush to try and help me stop it.

Been this way for about 3 years now.

Comment

Juneau,

I like this site when I want to investigate health topics: Mayo Clinic

Based on my PC-related troubleshooting experience, I'd say take a look at Graves' disease. If that doesn't fit, consider reformatting & installing Win7.

Digital Health Rules For Men:
                  1. Don't admit to any weakness until you're dead (or at least beyond treatment).
                  2. Eventually, if you survive rule#1, raise the subject of ailments in every conversation.

Maybe rule#1 explains why men die earlier than women?

Comment

I'll take a look at it, thanks Qicmee. I don't usually research my health issues too often as it pretty much always ends with "you have cancer!"

A hospital appointment i've been waiting ages for just came through. Hope it helps.

Comment

Good luck Juneau. I hope they figure out your problems this time.
                      Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                        I'll take a look at it, thanks Qicmee. I don't usually research my health issues too often as it pretty much always ends with "you have cancer!"

A hospital appointment i've been waiting ages for just came through. Hope it helps.
                        I hope the visits comes up with something, good luck.
                        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                          Good luck Juneau. I hope they figure out your problems this time.
                          Apache
                          You know, after not really being healthy since i was 20 i've pretty much given up hope in getting even slightly better.

Comment

My wife always says that Doctors will never get better as long as they practice medicine.
                            Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                              My wife always says that Doctors will never get better as long as they practice medicine.
                              Apache
                              LOL! Maybe i should get that printed on a Tee and wear it to my next appointment.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X