WTF dog shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF dog shooting

I found out this morning someone shot my friends dog. The dog survived and made it through surgery but, they are worried about sepsis because she was shot in the abdomen.

The story as I know it is my friends live out in the country and the dogs have the run of the property. Anyways they came home from work and found they're dog Kaya wounded in the abdomen. They didn't realize it was a GSW. The took her to a vet and when the vet operated discovered it was a GSW.

I don't know if a round was retrieved but, my guess is its a .22. since it wasn't an obvious GSW. The dog is a non aggressive dog that has grown up around cats and people and is very friendly although she does like to hump a leg here or there.

Considering all the factors that I know as of now my quick guess is some kid with a .22.

I'm

That sucks, Mapes. I'd be pissed too.

Is their property fenced? Or is there a possibility the dog was on someone else's property? If the dog was fenced in, I'd do what I could to find the culprit. If it was on someone else's property, I would do what I could to keep the dog on my own property in the future. I'm not saying in any way that shooting a trespassing/lost dog is justified (unless it's an aggressive one), but I do think that letting one's dog go onto other's property can be a recipe for trouble, especially in rural areas and such...though dogs do get loose and you would hope most folks would know as much. At any rate, it does suck and I hope that the dog pulls through (I wasn't trying to lecture or tell you things that you already know. I was just trying to come up with possibilities as to why/how this might have happened [besides the jerk-off kid/adult with a .22 and whatnot]).

Comment

Sorry to hear mapes.

Where I grew up, there was a pasture behind all the houses. In the summer, the farmer would of course put his cows out. Every dog in the neighborhood would go out and chase his cows. Eventually he came around telling everyone he'd shoot their dogs if he caught them out there, which is totally understandable. BUT, if he saw a dog out there and he couldn't shoot it in time, he'd drive around and shoot any dogs that looked remotely close to the one he saw in the field. Our dog was a good dog and I can say she honestly never went in his field but I there were neighbors that weren't so lucky.
      So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
      A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

Why harm an innocent animal? I hope it was just an accident because I would hate to know someone who would do that on purpose was living near me. People like that are the same people who end up on death row for the most gruesome crimes. I would sooner shoot a human than a dog. I like dogs. Some people I can't stand. If you have a problem with a dog, you call animal control. What your neighbor did was very illegal MGS. I wonder if he realizes what would have happened if he was caught?
        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X