No announcement yet.

How do you like your ribs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry. Wet is fine, as long as it is not some cheap store bought BBQ sauce that tastes the same as all other BBQ sauces, from WacArnolds BBQ sauce, to the most expensive one at the grocers, they all taste the same(BAD) to me. But a home made sauce is fine.
    Honestly though, I would take a buffalo, elk, or even a normal hamburger that is marinaded and cooked well over any other type of food. Steak, ribs, doesnt matter, give me a hamburger.

Comment

Free ribs taste the best.

Comment

I do this for Ribs and Brisket.

Marinated over-night with my own special mix.

Seared on the grill to lock in the flavor.

Smoked for 4-6 hours after that.

Fall off the bone tender when it's done.
        Your choice of sauces, but homemade is best.

Dang, making me hungry. lol

And Yes, Mc'd is the LAST resort for food choices.
        With people on the go, that's why its popular, but not my cup of tea.

Sedentary life styles, poor eating habits, Quick fast food.
        Eating fast allows you to eat MORE. SLOW DOWN...
        THOSE are what makes fat people.
        High sodium, high fat content, and if fast food IS their regular meal stop,
        then it WILL make you fat if you don't watch it.

Funny about the recent court case, a 400lb man sued MC'D because he
        said THEY made him fat. HELLO!!! Did they force those burgers down
        your throat????

Eating burnt animal protein isn't the culprit. Important amino acids are
        packed in there. But that's another topic.
        ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaws
          I like mine still in the animal, alive and breathing! Sorry, NON meat eater. The taste of flesh is not on my menu, Nor is Colon Cancer and Heart Disease.
          Red Meat is a staple in the Obesity Epidemic of the USA. All the Fat Americans and their Love for Mcdonalds and Burger King is putting them in the grave at 50 years old. Our Children our worse than we are! Time for a change!
          I hate to say it, but a McRib Sandwich contains no actual Rib. I'm still searching to find the answer... As for the Fries, they last for many, many months after being cooked without growing mold, so I'm actually scared to find out what they are really made of...

Comment

I like mine still in the animal, alive and breathing! Sorry, NON meat eater. The taste of flesh is not on my menu, Nor is Colon Cancer and Heart Disease.
            Red Meat is a staple in the Obesity Epidemic of the USA. All the Fat Americans and their Love for Mcdonalds and Burger King is putting them in the grave at 50 years old. Our Children our worse than we are! Time for a change!
            While I don't agree with this, I still found the premise of throwing in an anti-meat tirade in the middle of a rib topic hilarious.

Comment

wet. and when i say wet, i mean wet. typical meal:

go to store.
              buy family pack of ribs. & disposable(its not really, but you'll find out why i call it this in a few minutes) large grill(you know the huge box type?)
              buy 4 1 gallon jugs of barbeque sauce(yes 4 gallons.).
              open ribs.
              cover grill rack with 3 layers of aluminum foil.
              take 2 racks out, and place on grill.
              place the 3rd in the fridge for later, soaking in 1 gallon of sauce.
              pour 1/2 gallon of sauce on each rack on grill.
              flip ribs.
              pour the other half gallon on ribs.
              flip ribs.
              add more sauce from 3rd gallon to suit over both racks.
              keep flipping & adding sauce until cooked.
              remove from grill. hopefully at least 1/2 gallon of sauce still left. dip smothered ribs in it, and enjoy.
              next day. remove 3rd rack from fridge, and grill

Yes, i have done this before, and i used a cookie sheet as a plate. one rack for me. 1 rack for my roommate. one hell of a mess. hence the reason for the grill being disposable. but i'll tell you what. i love dem ribs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovey Wade
                While I don't agree with this, I still found the premise of throwing in an anti-meat tirade in the middle of a rib topic hilarious.
                I find this hilarious and oh so true of my feelings on this

Oh and KC BBQ > all .
                Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by baconoclock
                  Oh and KC BBQ > all .
                  Wrong... :P

--Slaughter

Comment

Originally posted by Gamer Shockley
                    I hate to say it, but a McRib Sandwich contains no actual Rib. I'm still searching to find the answer... As for the Fries, they last for many, many months after being cooked without growing mold, so I'm actually scared to find out what they are really made of...
                    Its soybeans. a majority of school lunch based food is made of the same stuff.

not exactly. Colon Cancer and Heart Disease, as well as the "Obesity Epidemic" are not tied to meat eaters alone. actually, there are many things out there that cause cancer. look at all the fish that was eaten with high mercury content and the like.

Problem is, just as people who eat meat are fed all kids of bad information about the vegetarian or vegan diet, and so are vegitarians fed bad information regarding people who eat meat. its all biased. your choice is yours, and i commend you for it and sticking to it. but, I ask you respect mine, and keep an open mind that not all that your told is true, and not everything i say is right.

Comment

anyone want to join my club? it's called PETA. People Eat Tasty Animals

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter
                        Oh and KC BBQ > all .

hey slaughter, i just noticed that you're in memphis. have you ever been to neely's?

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter
                          Oh and KC BBQ > all .

This is definitely one of those agree to disagree situations
                          Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

I prefer them dry. But wet, if well done, are good too.

We don't eat a lot of ribs in our bbqs, we prefer lamb ribs and rabbit!
                            K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                            sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT MEAT... WOOT!!!

And yes, I eat over the recommended percentage of protein to other
                              types of food. lol

I've read reports that many Vegetarians are anemic due to not getting enough amino acids and not enough protein. Just another biased story
                              floating around. Right or wrong, its someone's take on it.

How about the cultures that don't eat much meat at all.
                              High starch content, packs on the pounds just like any other over-eating.
                              I could name some sterio-types, but that just isn't cool these days.
                              ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by drunken_chef
                                hey slaughter, i just noticed that you're in memphis. have you ever been to neely's?
                                Oh yeah. There is also Interstate BBQ which is run by another Neely. People around here argue as to which is better!

For those who may have seen the "Walk the Line" movie (about Johnny Cash), early on there is a scene w/Johnny Cash and June Carter in a BBQ restaurant. At the start of the scene there is a sign shown which says "Hot Pit Bar-B-Q Restaurant". It's actually part of this sign from Bozo's, which is a little bitty place (yet considered "World Famous") outside of Memphis.

http://www.westtnculture.com/barbq.html
                                --Slaughter

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X