Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of nutjobs (caught) at MacDill Air Force Base

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/15/...ex.html?hpt=T2

Not sure what their plan was, but given that the guy was AWOL and they had a truck loaded with weapons and full magazines, I'm guessing that they best not let them see the light of day for a long long time.

The incident was not being investigated as a terrorist threat, Cohen said.
    That should be the FIRST thing it is investigated as.
    [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
    <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} ObiTroy View Post
      That should be the FIRST thing it is investigated as.

I think it should just be investigated without bias. If the investigation leads to Terrorism ok sure but, I think things should just be investigated without bias to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
        I think it should just be investigated without bias. If the investigation leads to Terrorism ok sure but, I think things should just be investigated without bias to begin with.
        A truckload of loaded weapons driven to a military base by an AWOL soldier would tend to bias my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
          A truckload of loaded weapons driven to a military base by an AWOL soldier would tend to bias my opinion.
          [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
          <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} ObiTroy View Post
            I forgot to mention their fake IDs.

Also, was looking for some follow up story and can't find anything on any news sites about it anymore. Wonder what the deal is?
            Last edited by Skud; 16 Jun 2010, 03:52 AM.

Comment

My general thought is when you investigate things you should start without assumptions. That is all I mean.

Comment

I've been searching for more info on this one, because I'm curious as to what the explanation, charges, etc. might be. And the only thing I've found was this, dated 6-18, which says
                “He is being given over to the Army,” said Senior Airman Katherine B. Holt, a MacDill spokeswoman. “I can’t speak on motive or anything like that.”
                http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/20...detain_061510/

And then there was a little of other incidents recently that I hadn't heard about.

Last month, an off-duty FBI agent who was at the base on unrelated business fatally shot a Vietnam veteran after an altercation. The veteran had been staying at the family campground on the base. Officials said he came at the agent with a knife before he was killed.

On Tuesday, a former national guardsman pretending to be a U.S. Army soldier was arrested carrying explosives at Fort Gordon, a U.S. Army base near Augusta, Ga.
                Anyway, it seems you really have to dig to hear about any of this stuff...kind of hush, hush.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X