Arg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arg

Monday was not a very good day for my truck . Wish people knew how to wait their turn at a 4 way stop, but since it is done and over I need to look for a new vehicle anyone got any good ideas?
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/shinofus/MC.png[/img]

"History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid."
    --Dwight D. Eisenhower

It looks repairable to me.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

My truck in Kelly blue is only worth $1500 and that would only repair the bumper of the truck so my insurance is calling it totaled

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
        It looks repairable to me.
        Apache
        Insurance is gonna pay him back for the car, why stick with the same one

Good thing is he hit YOU.

Comment

Yeah ik but the funny thing is my insurance agent was at the 4 way when it happened so he got to see the whole thing

--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Had a similar thing happen to me in Chicago, dude left highway and came back on for some reason, into same corner of my civic that your truck was hit in. The guy's ladyfriend was like, "why you calling the cops?" I said, "well, we were just in an accident". Her: "Well, we have to get going. We were just in traffic court yesterday. He ain't got no license" Me: well, they might want you to be here. Her: "here's our address, we gotta go".

Sorry for the long story...but.

Cop gets there, I explain it. Cop: "why didn't you stop them?". Me: "Well, I coulda jumped on the guy's back, but I'm thinking that might have opened up another can of worms for you to deal with". The cop said that they really couldn't investigate it, but if I wanted to press charges and set up some kind of court date I could. I was like, forget about it. I'm not coming back to this hellhole with my daughter as a witness (she was there...was taking her to the aquarium) to deal with these folks in court (if the license and address were even legit).

So, I fixed it myself for around $500. New door from scrapyard, luckily in same color, and ordered front quarterpanel which I had painted to match. Was all about as good as new except the plastic ground effects in front I didn't bother with. Car had a lot of miles on it...and was working fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
              Cop gets there, I explain it. Cop: "why didn't you stop them?". Me: "Well, I coulda jumped on the guy's back, but I'm thinking that might have opened up another can of worms for you to deal with". fine.
              All those weapons, and you aren't packing? I would go "STOP FOO! YOU GONE HIT MAH CAR!!!" Also, plate number? Fingerprints? DNA? Take it to the top. I wouldn't spend 50 bucks to fix what a moron destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                All those weapons, and you aren't packing? I would go "STOP FOO! YOU GONE HIT MAH CAR!!!" Also, plate number? Fingerprints? DNA? Take it to the top. I wouldn't spend 50 bucks to fix what a moron destroyed.
                Lol. Skud doesn't pack: it's not legal. I wouldn't break the law trying to change a moron in his ways. The guy was older than me, and still on the path to obscurity/prison...even after just having gotten out of court...obviously will never get it. But, hey, we've got to respect his rights to be an obstacle to law abiding citizens...can't just lock him away in a safe place, or a place that makes the rest of us safe from him until his threat of idiocy has estinguished itself. Woot Woot!

Comment

Around 1980, in Savannah GA. I it a man who pulled out in front of me. I tried to swing around behind him. I would have made it but, he stopped. The man was 92 and the first person to stop was his insurance agent. His first comment was: " another one I see". The police issued him a citation and I went to court to watch. The judge pulled his license because of his driving record. The old man started to cuss out the judge. The judge told his family to remove him before he had to cite him for contempt. Everyone felt sorry for his loss of freedom but, knew it was the right decision. At least he had State Farm Insurance and they paid promptly.
                  Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                  Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                  I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                  Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by MasterChief View Post
                    Monday was not a very good day for my truck . Wish people knew how to wait their turn at a 4 way stop,
                    Not to be a stickler but, in Cali there is no wait your turn rule. Whom ever is in the intersection has right of way.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                    Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X