Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yard Sale !! Wife wants to toss out my childhood.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yard Sale !! Wife wants to toss out my childhood.

So my wife got the great idea of ruining my four day weekend by having me empty out the contents of the attic in preparation for a yard sale apparently. There is a LOT of stuff up there, and with a pull down wooden staircase with a broken rung or two, its always a fun chore.

Anyhoo, she found a box of my old comic books - we're talking back when comic books were 35? !!!

Iron Man, Green Lantern, Incredible Hulk .. good stuff !!!

Also, a CRAPload of baseball cards. I collected sets since 1983, so there's probably 12 full sets of mostly Topps cards. I also collected Cal Ripken cards and I have over 100, including 9 rookies, some autographed.

Also amongst the clutter - A full plastic bin of CDs that weighs about 40 lbs. Probably 200+ CDs. How/where do you store them ?? I think I may be getting some wife affro/angst here shortly as she sends my son into the house to ask what Daddy wants to keep .. hahahaa ... he always goes back to her empty handed and the pile by my PC desk keeps growing.
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

You definitely can't get rid of the comics or cards at a yard sale. See what may be valuable (cards less so than comics; never recovered from the strike), and sell individually. Keep the rest.

-Rand
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Ya, it was rather depressing to see that b-ball cards did not hold their value worth a crap. Its not like I lost a bundle o' cash, as I was mowing yards and doing stuff to ride my bike to the local store to buy a few packs .. it was my early teen years, so it was cool nevertheless.
      I rarely sell stuff, but I'm faced with the task of making some $$$ to buy another ATV and they are not cheap. I have about a grand, but I'd need another 2k to make it happen.

Wish I was more motivated to sell and make some $$$.
      Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X