If you haven't, tell those close to you you love them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you haven't, tell those close to you you love them

Today has been a pretty depressing day in my family and surroundings.

A very close family friend was rushed to the hospital with a massive heart attack...she was cleared last week by many doctors that she was in great health.

My boss's dad passed away from a heart attack on Wednesday while he was driving his car

My uncle passed away on Tuesday. He had severe neck cancer a few years ago and was scheduled for a new round of chemo. He fell down the stairs, was checked in the hospital and died a few days later.

Friends cancelled plans for dinner on Saturday as his mom was rushed to the hospital with a very aggressive head and neck cancer and they need to operate asap.

So with all this, make sure you take the time today, right now, to go tell your loved ones that you love them.
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

Wow, BigTwinky...I don't know where to begin...what a terrible week...so sorry....

The title of your thread is probably the best way I can think of making it through such times. Reminds me of a thread on Mother's Day this year...I was going to tell everyone to make sure they treat their mothers right on that and every day, for mine passed away a few years ago, but I didn't because I didn't really want to ruin the mood for the occasion. The loss of a loved one is something one can never really get over...but it does help to know that they knew just how much you do love them. What more can we do in life?

Take care, BigTwinky. My heart goes out to you.

Comment

Always good advice, Twinky... thanks for the reminder.

Sorry you had such a depressing week.
      [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
      <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Wow that's awful! So sorry, Twinky! This is indeed a reminder that our time is limited so we should live wisely
        Ahhh...the power of cheese!

Comment

Sorry to hear all the BT.
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

wow, hard times, hard times. sorry about all that bt.
            Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Sorry to hear about that, Twinky.

I lost a best friend 3 weeks ago, he had a heart attack as well...34 years old....
              K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
              sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that BT. I've been there and agree 100%.
                [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                Like the community? Donate here:
                [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

It takes a second to say I love you and a lifetime to wish you had. Sorry for all your troubles BT.

Comment

Originally posted by Minerva View Post
                    Sorry to hear about that, Twinky.

I lost a best friend 3 weeks ago, he had a heart attack as well...34 years old....
                    Sorry for your losses BT and Minerva.

Not to be a schill but, I'm going to plug fish oil supplements. Ok my wife works at a leading maker of the stuff but, I won't mention her companies name because this is not about a company plug but, more of a service message. I would highly recommend everyone take fish oil supplements. Especially those of you who have a history of heart disease in their family. Study after study after study shows the good this stuff does for brain and heart as well as other areas like joints and soft tissue. I know some folks will say I eat a ton of fish why bother . The problem with that is since most eaten fish are apex predators they absorb a ton of toxins that are filtered out of fish oil. Also not all fish are equal when it comes to the contents of oil they contain. I'm not trying to drum up business for my wife. Nor am I am some crazy hippie homeopathic BS believing person. There is hard science behind the studies on this. Also ignore flax oil... its good for you but, not nearly as good as fish stuff. Also before complaining about smell most stuff is in capsule form nowadays.

Comment

Listen to what BT said

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X