Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crap, I think I lost interest in video games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap, I think I lost interest in video games!

I turned 38 in March, and think I lost interest in video games entirely...well at least 90%....it's weird, I even got the new BF, and forgot I had it on my computer.

I see Splinter Cell being advertised on TV, and I get momentarily excited....it is my favorite series, but the "moment" lasts only a millisecond. I really liked that game.

And I LOVED Fallout, when I was younger, I'd probably never leave the house until I finished it...but I've never even finished the first Fallout (for some reason those underground gouls were unnerving and irritated me, I kept seeing them all the time....just got under my skin. lol)

Perhaps it has to do with the gaming industry as a whole, nothing interests me anymore?

Heck, even my mall arcade is "Unmanned" like a Laundreymat....it's caught in a time warp with just the old 90's fighting games that sat there since the 90's.

Old Tekken 3 and 4, Marvel Vs Capcom, etc etc.

Anyone getting these feelings of "moving on" or milestones in their life when it comes to interests?

Well... I'm 41 one now. Don't game as much as I use to say 10 or 15 years ago. Probalby wouldn't be gaming as much as I do now if I hand't found this community several years ago. I could sit for hours playing a games back then... now I can only go about 1.5 hours max before needing to take a break. Think it is a combination of age, more real life resposibilities, and that there doesn't seem to be as much effort toward developing PC games as there was a few years ago.
    [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
    <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

If and when I may have kids, my time may go down, but I'm of an age at 34 where my entire life has been video games. I don't think folks of my generation will stop. We'll just switch to more thinking-man games when the next generation steps up to completely pwn us.

-Rand
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I go through stages like this at times but I have never given up on gaming entirely. I may loose interest in a certain type of game but there has always been some other game out there to take a bit of my time.

I have had many interests over the years that I have left behind as I have gotten older. Things like chancing easy women, skydiving, and working on a race car pit crew were all big passions in my life at one time but I "grew" out of them. I hope I don't grow out of gaming...
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
          If and when I may have kids, my time may go down, but I'm of an age at 34 where my entire life has been video games. I don't think folks of my generation will stop. We'll just switch to more thinking-man games when the next generation steps up to completely pwn us.

-Rand
          +1 Amen to that.
          [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

You are more likely to lose interest in your passions if you only have one or two. My passions are Reading, Martial Arts, Classical Weapon Arts, Gaming and Computers among others. Switching back and forth keeps any one from getting old. Unlike me.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
              You are more likely to lose interest in your passions if you only have one or two. My passions are Reading, Martial Arts, Classical Weapon Arts, Gaming and Computers among others. Switching back and forth keeps any one from getting old. Unlike me.
              Apache
              I agree with Apache get a couple of good interests. At least one you can do anytime. Some that are seasonally based and rotate through them. I do this with Reading, Motorcycles, Firearms, Scuba Diving and Computer Hacking and a few more.

Comment

It happens when you play awful games.

Comment

Another 41 year old semi-gamer here. Tony, you are just TF2'ed out. It happens to everyone eventually.

I was a fanatical hardware upgrader there for a good 5+ years, but at some point when you work on PCs 8 hours a day and then work on them for most of the evening, it wears on your 'fun' time to be had with them. And when do you have time to just play ??

I still play, back to my offline games yet again. Playing Company of Heroes a few times a week, but its a busy time of year for my outside work, so I'm spending lots of time making the yard look respectable. I'm also tearing down an enclosed trailer and rebuilding and painting/sealing that to haul my ATV around.

Eventually a game will come out that will appeal to me. We can't all be playing whatever current game is out and enjoy it for what it is. A gamer's idea of what constitutes a 'fun' game is always up for debate, so for those that are actively playing on the Lair, enjoy your good games. For those of us lurking in the shadows waiting for the 'next big thing', I'll see you in my sights one of these days.
                  Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                    It happens when you play awful games.
                    LOL
                    You are always there for comic relief.
                    I gotta agree with everyone else. Just get more hobbies. Start paintballing or something. lol. thats all I got.
                    even at 20 videogames bore me sometimes. You just gotta go outside and do something.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                    Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X