Defining moment!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defining moment!!

My 14 year old started drivers ed on Monday. I thought for sure it would be a while before they actually put him behind the wheel. I was wrong. He drives for the first time tomorrow I personally think they should have a little more class time. He's only had 2- 2 hour classes.
    I know he will do good though. I'm sad that he's growing up but happy he's getting to do it. I never got to do driver's ed because of my own stupidity and I know I missed out.
    So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
    A superstar in my eyes!

Originally posted by lady-MGS View Post
    My 14 year old started drivers ed on Monday. I thought for sure it would be a while before they actually put him behind the wheel. I was wrong. He drives for the first time tomorrow I personally think they should have a little more class time. He's only had 2- 2 hour classes.
    I know he will do good though. I'm sad that he's growing up but happy he's getting to do it. I never got to do driver's ed because of my own stupidity and I know I missed out.
    Its probably better he starts at 14. more practice before the full license. Here in MO when i got mine i had about a month of driving under my belt before i got my full license, no classes. in retrospect i should have had more experience before being turned loose.
    Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Let him drive as much as possible.
      After my son got his learners permit I let him drive a lot. I believe the more experience they have, before they get their permanent license, the better.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

The class lasts for 6 weeks. He then has to complete 60 hrs of driving time w/ an adult. 50 day and 10 night. So he still has awhile. However, the permit is good until 5 days after his 18th b-day. So until he brings his grades up, even when he can get his license, he won't.
        So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
        A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
        Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X