My Australia trip blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Australia trip blog

As some know, I'm off for a trip of a lifetime to Australia. Heading down for just under a month, leaving March 5th and returning March 27th.

As the next week is probably going to be just a weeee bit busy, I just want give you all the link to my wife Andrea's Australia travel blog. Its not mine, its her idea and she is maintaining it. For the old school CLRs, she was a regular during the UT:2k4 days under the name Ravenlark

http://aussietripandrea.blogspot.com/

Andrea's goal is to get it updated pretty much every day (depending on internet availability) with stories, pictures and / or videos! Its a work in pr...ogress, but I think its a great idea. Check it out often, subscribe to the feed and most of all, leave comments on the various posts!! This is going to be pretty much our only contact back home for the month.

Expect updates starting in the week of March 8th!
    [this is where my funky sig would go. But I don't have one.
    So all you get is this crappy text]

Cool. Great idea.

Hope you and baconoclock can hook up and post some pics!
    [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
    <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Very nice! I'll check it out, BigTwinky. I can't wait to see some photos, and hear about the trip! Enjoy!

Comment

Not sure how many images of mine my wife will have up, I'm sure its going to be a few.

She is using her iPhone as her main media device, video and photo. Its kind of an experiment in technology and possibility for travellers.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post
          Not sure how many images of mine my wife will have up, I'm sure its going to be a few.

She is using her iPhone as her main media device, video and photo. Its kind of an experiment in technology and possibility for travellers.
          No problem. I can wait a month. But I will be looking forward to seeing some of your shots!

Comment

Oh wow...can't wait for the updates. You guys have fun and be safe

Comment

Ahh so my reminder worked. Have a great trip. Looking forward to reading the updates on the blog.

Comment

Must take picture of toilets flowing backwards. MUST! It's black magic I tell you!

Comment

lol, thats already our plans. but not the toilet, just the drains.

Toilets have jets that actually flush the water down, so it all depends on how the jets were positioned in the toilet. Some toilets here have jets that shoot the water down clockwise, others counter-clockwise.

So my goal is to use a standard sink drain and see which way the water goes down. Knowing my wife and her geekyness, she will be video taping it and it will be up on the blog

Comment

Take a video of which way it goes in the northern hemisphere and post it before leaving... as a control.
                    [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
                    <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Thats already planned

Comment

Originally posted by BigTwinky View Post

Be careful with data usage over here. If Iwant to use data on my phone its 20 dollars a Mb.

Let me know when you're in Sydney. I have a corporate mobile over here now too. I feel like a local already (caught myself going "F-ING tourists need to learn how to walk!")
                        Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

wow, This sounds amazing BigTwinky !!
                          K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
                          sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

I am looking forward to your pics of the trip.
                            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by baconoclock View Post
                              Be careful with data usage over here. If Iwant to use data on my phone its 20 dollars a Mb.

Let me know when you're in Sydney. I have a corporate mobile over here now too. I feel like a local already (caught myself going "F-ING tourists need to learn how to walk!")
                              She is turning off the phone communication and going to mainly use it for photo and video, to then upload on her laptop, update the blog and THEN connect to the net to update the blog.

I'll shoot you a pm when i'm there

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X