No announcement yet.

Where does your name come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are not a member of the Science Fiction Book Club you can not see the reference. It's a good thing I know that it is the name of the main character in Starship Troopers. Although his name is actually Juan (Johnnie) Rico.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Sonuvagun. I didn't think that would be a link people would have trouble getting to. Sorry.

I could have also went with Felix (from the book "Armor" by John Stealey) but I thought people would only know about Felix the Cat.

Comment

Only us Sci-Fi Geeks would know.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Felix would break Rico and the whole squad with ease, but I wouldn't link that name to Armor without a bit more to it. It's a common enough name on its own that it wouldn't raise that link.

-Rand

P.S. Apparently they re-released Armor with a new cover recently.
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Mine I actually kinda stole from my mom. When we first got dial up my mom needed to make a user name to log in so she picked Mobojo, meaning Mom, Bob, Joe. Im Bob AKA Robert, and Joe AKA Jordan is my brother. I used it to login to the dial up and needed a username for some sites so I just used Mobojo and kept it ever since.
            [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Mobojo/Sigs/Sig2.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
              Felix would break Rico and the whole squad with ease, but I wouldn't link that name to Armor without a bit more to it. It's a common enough name on its own that it wouldn't raise that link.

-Rand

P.S. Apparently they re-released Armor with a new cover recently.
              The 1st copy I had had a picture of Felix clubbing an ant to death with a laser rifle. The copy I have now has a pretty generic looking picture of some sort of space marine with a big gun and his helmet off.

And, yes, I think I would have to take The Engine in a stand up fight with the Roughnecks.

Comment

i got my name from a guy with red hair

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X