Motorama - dirt lovers paradise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorama - dirt lovers paradise

I went to an event in Harrisburg yesterday named Motorama. It caters to the motorhead crowd, but has tons of different things to do and see. We entered to the import arena, an area full of souped up tuner cars of all makes and models. I passed on most of the new stuff and got some great shots of the classic iron:

A new Hemi Charger:

Pink Cuda with a very stout 500 with intercooled blower:

Several street rods that were completely tricked out:

A new twist on the usual street rods are the so-called 'Rat Rods' that are all but chrome free, with very little shine but clear ingenuity in design. Rusty doors or a whiskey bottle for a radiator overflow ? Toilet paper rolls for doorhandles ? Yep, that we got:

Note: Picture 2, if you zoom in on top of the manifold you can see a dead rat carcass that the owner added for customization's sake.

Ultra rare Ford Thunderbolt, one of 100 made:

(cont.)
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

On to the display floor, where my focus was some classic quads (or trikes):

Ohh, RACES !!! Everyone was well represented, from 8 year olds on 50cc 2 strokes, adults on pit bikes, to 8 year olds in quarter midgets and of course adult ATVs riders.

Even RC cars !!! Ohh .. and robot wars too !! Sparks were flying !!!

A few more images of some of the odd stuff to be found:

Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
    Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
    widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X