UN launches Haiti earthquake relief appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UN launches Haiti earthquake relief appeal

Its tearably whats happened down there...
    Latest news from there...

BBC News - UN launches Haiti earthquake relief appeal

-MTJ

I am surprised nobody has said anything before. This is terrible....
    K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
    sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

Yay another reason the UN will collect money and pay its employees... then the last few bucks go to Haiti where government officials take it. UN = Useless Nations.

Doctors Without Borders = win.

Comment

You are right Phantom, some danish doctors is going over there with Doctors Without Borders...

-MTJ

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
          Yay another reason the UN will collect money and pay its employees... then the last few bucks go to Haiti where government officials take it. UN = Useless Nations.

Doctors Without Borders = win.
          And now some doctors are being told to leave...
          From CNN
          [Sanjay]Gupta said the Belgian doctors did not want to leave their patients behind but were ordered out by the United Nations, which sent buses to transport them.

"There is concern about riots not far from here -- and this is part of the problem," Gupta said.

"What is striking to me as a physician is that patients who just had surgery, patients who are critically ill are essentially being left here, nobody to care for them," Gupta said.
          Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Hell on Earth

-Don't view that image if you have a weak stomach, as it is very disturbing, but its this sort of thing that shocks people into doing something. I had a hard time fully grasping the situation before seeing this image.
            Last edited by seanthebond; 17 Jan 2010, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by seanthebond View Post
              Hell on Earth

-Don't view that image if you have a weak stomach, as it is very disturbing, but its this sort of thing that shocks people into doing something. I had a hard time fully grasping the situation before seeing this image.
              WOW, thats sad. You might want to put a warning sign above it or something to those who might click it first instead of reading what you wrote
              [IMG]http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss69/chris2118/battlefield_3copy.jpg[/IMG]
              X...Noob Slasher...X

Comment

Originally posted by seanthebond View Post
                Hell on Earth

Yes, that is truly hell. The stories of loading bodies on end loaders...into dump trucks, etc. I heard a program on public radio talking about it. They talked about one man who went to the morgue after buying two coffins, one for his 25 year old daughter and one for his nephew, both of whom were killed when their college collapsed...studying to become teachers. Another story of a team of doctors who had just arrived were being told that they'll have to get used to walking by injured children and people on the street because they will have to focus on the most severe cases: there is no way that they can treat everyone with the supplies and people they have. And they also spoke to the director of the morgue. Asked him how many people were in the first mass grave they excavated. He said 1,009.

Now they go into other stages of devastation and danger. Infection, disease, diahrea, etc.

Comment

Such a sad, sad event. And it is maddening that the news seems to be downplaying the number of people that are dead/dying.

I have a few Haitian friends and they thankfully lost no relatives, but they all say its much worse than we are seeing.
                  Motivate

Comment

I was watching the Telethon on CNN tonight and it is truly heartbreaking what is going on down there. I did my part though and donated to Red Cross for the Haiti effort

Comment

Does anyone have the story on Chavez claiming that the US is Invading Haiti?

I cant find it and I'd like to read that.

Also: The real problem isnt saving the people, it's what happens in the next 4 months as the infrastructure is cleared up.

Sincerely, the UN was very slow to react on this one, and the US is demonstrating a very successful response at this very moment. When you look at the supply originations, the US is outpacing the world at 3 to 1; possibly 4 to 1.

After we are done saving these people, where are they going to survive?

We need to take the Japanese approach after we dropped the two bombs and simply help them rebuild. Sincerely, there is no other way to do this as the damage is insane.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X