Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only in Canada Eh

FYI,

Edmonton Alberta Canada was the coldest place in North America yesterday morning and the second chilliest in the world.

The Edmonton International Airport saw a record low of -46.1 C and -58.4 C with the wind-chill, out-freezing even the Arctic.

"The cold high pressure has been moving down from the Arctic over the Prairies," said Environment Canada meteorologist John McIntyre, adding British Columbia and Saskatchewan also experienced plummeting temperatures. "We are right now in the centre of the heaviest, coldest air."

Only Dzalinda, Siberia, appeared to be colder, with a weather station there recording temperatures of -48 C.

But the coldest day ever recorded in Edmonton remains unbeaten at -48.3 C with a wind-chill of -61 C on Jan. 26, 1972.

Yesterday's frigid temperatures broke the previous record for Dec. 13, which was -36.1 C set in 2008, as well as the record for the coldest day in December, a low of -44.5 C set on Dec. 9, 1977. Cold Lake, Grande Prairie and Whitecourt also had record lows yesterday.

Frick'n Cold!!

Cheers!
    SgtRock

Sad part is over in Manitoba we get everything you get 2 days later, I better plug in the Toyota.

Joe

Comment

Oh wow! I don't think i've ever felt anything below -15c.

Comment

I'm from the Northeast so I LOVE WINTER..... BUT.....

That is dangerous and crazy scary COLD !!!

Comment

We got the cold pressure from Canada last week. We were hitting -25 F. We do get that cold here but not until the end of Jan first of Feb. It was a crazy start to winter to say the least.
          So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
          A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

I thought this thread got closed....

Comment

I was in Canada when the first cold front came but it was only -28'C

Comment

Originally posted by homosapien15 View Post
                I thought this thread got closed....
                Twas an accident.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X