Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could of heard a pin drop

Great Answers

In France , at a fairly large conference, Prime Minister Steven Harper was asked by a French cabinet minister if Canadian involvement in Afghanistan was just an example of "empire building".
    Mr Harper answered by saying, 'Over the years, Canada has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return.'
    You could have heard a pin drop.

A Canadian Admiral was attending a naval conference that included Admirals from the Canadian, US, English, Australian and French Navies.
    At a cocktail reception, he found himself standing with a large group of officers that included personnel from most of those countries. Everyone was chatting away in English as they sipped their drinks but a French Admiral suddenly complained that, whereas Europeans learn many languages, North Americans generally learn only English. He then asked, 'Why is it that we always have to speak English in these conferences rather than speaking French?'
    Without hesitating, the Canadian Admiral replied 'Maybe it's because the Brits, Canadians, Aussies and Americans arranged it so you wouldn't have to speak German.'

When Robert Whiting, an elderly Canadian gentleman of 89, arrived in Paris by plane he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry on at French Customs.
    'You have been to France before, monsieur?' the customs officer asked sarcastically.
    Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France previously.
    The official replied, 'Then you should know enough to have your passport ready.'
    The Canadian said, 'The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it.'
    'Impossible, Monsieur. Canadians always have to show passports on arrival in France!'
    The Canadian senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then he quietly explained, 'Well, when I came ashore on D-Day in 1944 to help liberate this country, I couldn't find a single Frenchman to show a passport to.'

Canadians are Cool.

Nice.

Comment

Americans tend to forget that other countries, besides England, Russia and the US, participated in WWII.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Good Stuff!
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRock View Post
          Great Answers

In France , at a fairly large conference, Prime Minister Steven Harper was asked by a French cabinet minister if Canadian involvement in Afghanistan was just an example of "empire building".
          Mr Harper answered by saying, 'Over the years, Canada has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return.'

A Canadian Admiral was attending a naval conference that included Admirals from the Canadian, US, English, Australian and French Navies.
          At a cocktail reception, he found himself standing with a large group of officers that included personnel from most of those countries. Everyone was chatting away in English as they sipped their drinks but a French Admiral suddenly complained that, whereas Europeans learn many languages, North Americans generally learn only English. He then asked, 'Why is it that we always have to speak English in these conferences rather than speaking French?'
          Without hesitating, the Canadian Admiral replied 'Maybe it's because the Brits, Canadians, Aussies and Americans arranged it so you wouldn't have to speak German.'

When Robert Whiting, an elderly Canadian gentleman of 89, arrived in Paris by plane he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry on at French Customs.
          'You have been to France before, monsieur?' the customs officer asked sarcastically.
          Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France previously.
          The official replied, 'Then you should know enough to have your passport ready.'
          The Canadian said, 'The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it.'
          'Impossible, Monsieur. Canadians always have to show passports on arrival in France!'
          The Canadian senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then he quietly explained, 'Well, when I came ashore on D-Day in 1944 to help liberate this country, I couldn't find a single Frenchman to show a passport to.'

Canadians are Cool.
          +1000 Best post ive seen in ages!
          [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i61/2HARDKOR/maj_massacre.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by SgtRock View Post
            ...'Well, when I came ashore on D-Day in 1944 to help liberate this country, I couldn't find a single Frenchman to show a passport to.'
            That's AWESOME!
            [SIZE=1][B]"Now more than ever the people are responsible for the character of their Congress. If that body be ignorant, reckless, and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness, and corruption." ~President James Garfield[/B][/SIZE]
            <<< Please [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]donate[/URL] >>>

Comment

Motivate

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                Americans tend to forget that other countries, besides England, Russia and the US, participated in WWII.
                Apache

Or that the US did very little in WWI by comparison

Comment

hehe the conversation at the airport and the way he ended was funny.
                  Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
                    Or that the US did very little in WWI by comparison
                    WW1 Casualties
                    World War II Casualties
                    Talk is cheap and its a mute point since none of us were there to do anything about it. Lets not start a "we did more then you" thread.

Ya we sat on our butts when both wars started but when it came time to fight we did and we lost people just like everyone else.

PS Sgtrock
                    Its a good post but some people are hijacking it. (including me)

Comment

Canada has an army?

Awesome stuff tho

Comment

For Sale: French gun. Never fired. Only droped once.
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                          Canada has an army?

Awesome stuff tho
                          An army of motherfn Stormtroopers mofo.

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Major.Massacre View Post
                            An army of motherfn Stormtroopers mofo.
                            So what's the point of having an army with the accuracy level of the average two year old girl?

-Rand
                            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                              So what's the point of having an army with the accuracy level of the average two year old girl?

-Rand
                              Dont know what your talking about bro. Our guys do well in all sorts of competition especially our sniper teams. I still believe it was a Canadian sniper team that made the worlds longest hit at 2,310 metres. I'm sure you of all people know this with your knowledge.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X