Taco Bell (save your receipts)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taco Bell (save your receipts)

Just going through bank records today and I see a Taco Bell purchase for $13 and change. I do recall going there a week or two back and getting one of the meals and the lady at the window took my card, charged it, and gave me my card back (many places don't need signatures now if it's under $25).

I usually ask for a receipt but was kind of in a hurry and figured if I don't remember the exact amount I can just enter it with my online records (I had a gut feeling that she was being unnaturally friendly though, but put it off as me just being paranoid). Well, I know there are no $13 meals...and I know I didn't buy for anyone else...so I'm guessing she gave me the shaft on this one, either to cover her shift or it was a simple mistake. Since I have no receipt to check it against I really can't do much. My temporary weakness in trusting in human nature got me spanked...it's not that much cash, but I could certainly find other uses for it.

P.S. another thing I remember about it was that when she asked me if I'd like any sauce I said, "yeah, a handful of fire sauce, please". When I got home there actually was a handful of fire sauce packets, like 26 of them, lol! I was going to take a picture of the pile, because I was cracking up...hey, maybe she just charged me 50 cent a packet!

Here's what my wife does when we eat out at a sit down type of place. When she writes the tip on the credit report she rounds up past the tip amount to the nearest dollar. If she ever looks at her account and sees a charge at a restaurant thats not round flags get raised.

Comment

she probably did charge you for those 26 pack of sauces, lately most fast food restaurants do that now, charge u 25cents for a pack of sauce and did u really needed that much sauce? lol
      Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
        (I had a gut feeling that she was being unnaturally friendly though, but put it off as me just being paranoid).
        Just your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you. (I think that is a lryic in a song)

I have gone to mostly cash spending while I'm on the road but every now and then I need to use a card. I will use that trick of round up from now on.

Also I could easily spend $13.00 on a taco Bell run but it's typically under $10.00.
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
        Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X