Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An-94

YouTube - NEW AK 47 - Nikonov AN-94 Abakan assault rifle
    What do you guys and gals think of this "new AK47". Basically, it is the new AR Russia has adopted. I think they started using them in the early 90s.
    Do we have any weapons where the barrel does that? I dont know what term you would use to refer to that action going on there, but if you watch the video you will see what I am talking about. That seems like if it were refined more, could be a very great system to reduce recoil.

Barret uses a recoiling barrel in the big 50s. I can't think of any others, offhand, but that doesn't mean there aren't any.

The recoil reduction is okay, but I'm not sure how necessary it is in that caliber. I wish there were sound on the video...I'd be more interested if they reduced/eliminated blowback into the chamber (make for a cleaner operating system). If they added extra parts just to reduce recoil (besides an external muzzle brake), it might not be worth the effort: more parts = more parts to break, wear out or lose (and if something locks up in battle...). Another possible drawback might be reduced accuracy with more moving parts, unless the recoil reduction makes up for it. Thanks for the link, I'm not trying to be fussy or anything. It looks to be an interesting piece, and it's always cool to see new generations of modern firearms...I just wish I could hear what they were saying about it, though I suppose it's in Russian, lol.

Comment

You usually see that action in cannons like the 20mm & 40mm AA guns, field cannons, naval guns ect. It might be helpful for full auto mode but it would probably reduce accuracy in semi-auto. I believe the AK 101 uses that action.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Reminds me of my HK USP automatic pistol action

Comment

You are definitely correct on that Skud, more parts=more points of failure.
          I dont think they would add whatever mechanism, gizmo or whathave you that does that if it would reduce accuracy. I think that is what it is there to help. There are plenty of videos of weapons from all over the world on youtube. Fun to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralSnake View Post
            You are definitely correct on that Skud, more parts=more points of failure.
            I dont think they would add whatever mechanism, gizmo or whathave you that does that if it would reduce accuracy. I think that is what it is there to help. There are plenty of videos of weapons from all over the world on youtube. Fun to look at.
            Cool. Yeah, I wouldn't mind adding one to my collection, just to find out for sure!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X