Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help The Airlines Save Money

Pee before boarding.

A JAPANESE airline has started asking passengers to use the toilet before boarding to reduce aircraft weight. All Nippon Airways has announced that ?loo monitors? will be positioned by the boarding gates in terminals to ask waiting passengers to relive themselves before entering the aircraft.

The airline believes that empty bladders will equal lighter passengers, which will mean lighter aircraft and therefore a reduction in fuel use, Japan?s NHK television reports.

All Nippon Airways began the strange policy on October 1 as an experiment, which will last one month.

However, it may expand the trial if it?s successful and well-received by passengers.

It hopes to achieve a five-tonne reduction in carbon emissions over the month.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Yeah, I heard this one on the radio recently...pretty easy way to say you're going green, isn't it?

Comment

Well think about it really, that urines gotta weigh something, so make all those passengers goto the toilet before, that takes off some weight if they have full bladders.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
      ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Originally posted by Sirex View Post
        Well think about it really, that urines gotta weigh something, so make all those passengers goto the toilet before, that takes off some weight if they have full bladders.
        Yeah, if there are 300 ppl on the plane and they all squirt out a pound, it's 300 lbs less...a difference, yes...and every difference counts a little. But if 200 of those people were already smart enough to take a leak before beginning a 24 hour flight, I can't really jump up and down over the company's amazing discovery and sacrifice in this! (it's not like a hybrid airplane or whatever)

Comment

I still say they need to install methane gathering devices in every seat to help save on fuel
          [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
          Like the community? Donate here:
          [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

And next they will be doing BMI calculations on every passenger and charging if you are over the average.
            Jaspurr

[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/vitopagano/jaspurr.jpg[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by jaspurr View Post
              And next they will be doing BMI calculations on every passenger and charging if you are over the average.

Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by DougBob View Post
                I still say they need to install methane gathering devices in every seat to help save on fuel
                Lol: poo!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X