Apartment Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apartment Fire

Monterey Apartment Fire Called Suspicious - Central Coast News Story - KSBW The Central Coast

I woke up to the sound of glass breaking out on the street, so I got up to make sure no one was robbing a car or anything, didnt see anyone at any car, but still heard the glass, so I stuck my head out of the window and saw fire billowing out of the bottom story window pictured in that article, going up to the second story window above it.
    Woke up my mom and ran outside, yelled fire, smoke everywhere already. yadda yadda, all sorts of fun crap at 3 in the morning.

Turns out, it is arson, half of the tenants in the building are in the military going to the Defense Language Institute, so the ATF starts investigations.

This is some hogwash. I wanna go back to my apartment. I understand, they dont want us muckin up the crime scene, but damn. They already know how the fire was started and from where, does fire erase fingerprints?

Supposedly, the land owners/managers(same family run company) want to fix the place up to let us move back in so they arent losing their precious rent money, and will not give the investigators permission to go into the unit(s?) thats were attacked with the MOLOTOV COCKTAILS.
    That is "allegedy" why this is taking so long, but can they even do that? Hold back an investigation like that?

When I start getting some facts I will post em up.

That sucks. I hope that you get back in soon and that they catch the dirty bastards who set the blaze!

Comment

Wait, so you live in the same building, above that unit?

I hope you don't have smoke damage. You probably don't have to worry about water damage unless you're just one floor up.

-Rand
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Above, and to the right. If you are looking AT the building, as in the photo, I would be the next window over to the left, on the top floor. A few feet out of the photo.
        No smoke damage that we know of. When we went in the day after to get some clothes and stuff to stay at the hotel, it did not smell of smoke, and the entire outside of the complex smelled HORRIBLE. Everyone knows the smell, burning plastic, just so overwhelming, it was everywhere, but inside a few units.
        No water for sure, our unit never actually went up, but below and to the side is the unit pictured, all blown out and completely burn inside. That one was burned and then flooded out. Luckily those people were out of town.
        Even the window right above that one, that whole unit seems to be undamaged. I was talking to the lady, asking if her floor was smoking or getting hot or anything and she said no, but all she could see out her window were flames, they were basically going to the roof all the way from the bottom window.

Comment

The owners of the appartments cannot stop the investigators from going in to determine who caused the fire. It's a crime scene... And considering who all is involved it may take awhile.
          [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

And the owners are always a suspect in arson until proven otherwise.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

So, I guess many fires around the peninsula have been started under similar, suspicious circumstances recently. A few resturaunts and a tattoo shop.
              And now the Feds are getting into it. I think that is a good thing, much more likely to catch the guy than just the local PD.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X