No announcement yet.

The People of Walmart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to be dirt poor and was raised by hillbillies but I never would have qualified for any of those pictures. I'm laughing!

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
      You know I first laughed at this then a coworker said "Dude your laughing at poor people" I felt like a dick all day
      It's okay if they're white!

Just kidding, of course. But, anyway, that's the double edged sword of Walmarts...sure they squeeze out the little community stores and such, but, and I've noticed this the times when I've been to one, they allow some folks to save a few bucks that they might really need for other things. Some don't have the extra spending money needed to support local businesses, unfortunately.
      Last edited by Skud; 22 Sep 2009, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
        You know I first laughed at this then a coworker said "Dude your laughing at poor people" I felt like a dick all day
        Don't feel guilty mapes.
        I grew up on a farm with not much money. We were better off than a lot were but still below the poverty line. I can guarantee you money has nothing to do with these idiots apparel.
        If I would have ever set foot out of the house, must less went to town looking like these people, Ma would have spanked my butt till I couldn't sit down for a while.
        [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
        Like the community? Donate here:
        [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
          It's okay if they're white!

Just kidding, of course. But, anyway, that's the double edged sword of Walmarts...sure they squeeze out the little community stores and such, but, and I've noticed this the times when I've been to one, they allow some folks to save a few bucks that they might really need for other things. Some don't have the extra spending money needed to support local businesses, unfortunately.
          That really the evil cycle of it all. Walmart offers lower prices by paying they're workers crap so folks shop there. Then all of the other local businesses go out of business and then there are no more jobs in the area except working for Walmart who then pay these folk crap....

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X