X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CraigsList humor for the day

Story copied from another forum:

I posted my TV on craigslist for $50.

It's a 36 inch "HD" Flat Screen (not panel) TV. The thing weighs alot. Infact, I hurt myself moving it into my apt since my gf couldn't really help at all. I was hurting for 4 days.

I put in my post:

You must bring people to help you move it. It's heavy. I recommend 2 people, but a third would help alot. And no, I am not going to help you move it....

(If you just want meat and potatoes, proceed to Person 4...)

Person 1....

He decides to come at 10:30 at night without telling us. He gives us $50...then he goes, "so, who is gonna help me move it?".

I gave him his $50 back and he left all pissed off.

Person 2...

Says he can do it himself. I say, "no, if you do not bring anyone, do not even bother to come...I am not helping you".

He comes when my gf is just home, I come 20 minutes later and he asks me to help him because he thought he could lift it himself. he complains saying that he traveled 45 minutes away.

I just kick him out with his $50.

Person 3....

He says he will give $70 because he really wants it. I say fine, but that extra $20 will not include labour to help you move TV. He comes down and claims that his friends had last minute changes and needs me to help him. FVCK! WHat did he not understand?

He goes home very unhappy.

Person 4.....

He brings 3 people...problem is....all three are as puny as Steve Urkel. They gave us the $50. God....I wish I had a camcorder. Watching those three move the TV was comical yet painful. At one point, you hear this big yell...two of the people "helping" just quit on him WHILE THEY WERE ON THE STAIRS. I had no choice....I had to help. He was going to kill himself.

I help him bring it down the stairs. I go back to my apt. 2 minutes later, you hear this big crash. They decided to park their van not on the sidewalk, but on the first step of the stairwell outside. I pretend to not hear a thing. After hearing 5 more minutes of grunting and cussing and other profanities in Indian, they put the TV in the car and drive away leaving behind the red markings on their bumper.

Fast forward today.... I get an email. Apparently, after struggling to bring the TV to the car, he decided to try to carry the TV up 4 flights of stairs BY HIMSELF. He claims that he stopped after 1 flight and went to get help. Within 10 minutes, he came back and the TV was gone. He wants to know if I can give him half of his money back. I have not responded yet and I do not plan too.

HAHAHAAAAAA , comedy gold right there
    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Doesn't surprise me in the least.
    A change of Pace.
    "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

This is why when I needed a cheap used truck I went to a dealer after work and bought it on my credit card (yes I have the cash my bank is outta state so I gotta transfer money around). I just don't have the time to deal with that crap

Comment

Brings back bad memories...just had to help a neighbor with a huge crt television. Took my 6'3, 215 frame and friends 6'2 260 to get that thing up what have to be the narrowest and steepest stairs any apartment has.

My hands hurt for 3 days after.
        Motivate

Comment

Originally posted by Furryappleseed View Post
          Brings back bad memories...just had to help a neighbor with a huge crt television. Took my 6'3, 215 frame and friends 6'2 260 to get that thing up what have to be the narrowest and steepest stairs any apartment has.

My hands hurt for 3 days after.
          That's the kicker on a lot of them heavy things, there are no good hand holds without some ridge wearing a groove in your hands.
          [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
          Like the community? Donate here:
          [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by DougBob View Post
            That's the kicker on a lot of them heavy things, there are no good hand holds without some ridge wearing a groove in your hands.
            The secret to that......gloves.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by DougBob
              Apache

DougBob's secret to taking care of his big screen tv...give it away and make them take it out....

Comment

Originally posted by LadyBug View Post
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by DougBob
                Apache

DougBob's secret to taking care of his big screen tv...give it away and make them take it out....
                Hey it worked and they were two happy college kids even if the TV didn't work, it was a 62" Samsung projection TV they had hopes of fixing
                [IMG]http://thepebkac.net/images/sigs/Outdoors_sig.jpg[/IMG]
                Like the community? Donate here:
                [URL="http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate"]http://www.cainslair.com/misc.php?do=donate[/URL]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X