O2 Aroma Therapy? WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O2 Aroma Therapy? WTF?

Is this for real? It's something called an Oxygen Bar....ever hear of it?

Yes.... I know pure O2 is good for you if you get the bends other than that I don't know. I think theres a slight euphoria feeling

Comment

Originally posted by mapes View Post
      Yes.... I know pure O2 is good for you if you get the bends other than that I don't know. I think theres a slight euphoria feeling
      Well, I read that inhaling pure O2 can do brain damage (not the kind of brain damage that other drugs can do over a gradual period of time)

Then I read it's like 92% O2, not 100% (like in hospitals)....I heard stories about kids dying "Huffing" pure O2 I think.

Comment

Pure O2 is flamable so don't smoke while you inhale.
        They are becoming more popular and have been around for a long time in Japan.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

They set up an oxygen bar in one of the local malls sometime last year. Didn't last long.

-Rand
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Looks like everyone's having a blast. I'll wait till I have to use one to use one.

Comment

I can tell you guys that inhaling the O2 on the aircraft will revive you and is better then a 16oz coffee.
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

According to my brother (who is in his 3rd year at medical school), these are not the best for you.

When on a family vacation this summer, we walked by one and were curious so he explained everything: your body is designed to live in an environment that doesn't contain a high percentage of oxygen. The atmosphere we live in only contains about 20% oxygen. Your body ages according to the amount of oxygen you intake, so a more oxygen rich environment = faster aging.

So I guess they wouldn't be too bad on a rare basis, but going weekly might come back to bite you.
                "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
                - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

Originally posted by H0ly-H@nd-Gr3nade View Post
                  According to my brother (who is in his 3rd year at medical school), these are not the best for you.

When on a family vacation this summer, we walked by one and were curious so he explained everything: your body is designed to live in an environment that doesn't contain a high percentage of oxygen. The atmosphere we live in only contains about 20% oxygen. Your body ages according to the amount of oxygen you intake, so a more oxygen rich environment = faster aging.

So I guess they wouldn't be too bad on a rare basis, but going weekly might come back to bite you.

So it's basically the same thing as saying "smoking" or "Drinking booze" is bad for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_T0NY View Post
                    So it's basically the same thing as saying "smoking" or "Drinking booze" is bad for you?
                    I wouldn't say that.

It doesn't directly hurt any organs/body parts. It just makes your body age in general more quickly, because of the mass rush of oxygen it is getting.
                    "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist."
                    - Dom Helder Camara

Comment

Think of your body as a furnace. It is actually. Oxygen makes it burn hotter.
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I'm a nitrox diver. Normal atmospheric air has 21 % O2 and 79% nitrogen. I routinely dive with Nitrox which is enriched O2 content. Anywhere from 22% to 40% O2. In fact have two aluminum 80 tanks with EAN 32 in the garage which has 32% O2 content. There are nil ill effects on the human body from this. If anything because I'm absorbing less nitrogen into my tissues I feel less tired after a day of diving

There is some research that shows living in an enriched O2 atmosphere can increase the bodies healing power. This is why some super rich athletes have hyperbaric chambers (a chamber where they can increase both O2 content and atmospheric pressure.

I do know that folks that do that high altitude training have increased red blood cells and have an greater endurance.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                        Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                        widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X