Football gear help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football gear help

So, my 10 yro is going to play grid iron football this year and I was wondering if there were any online places to buy the stuff for cheaper then possibly in stores.

There is nothing in my general area to buy the stuff and where we would have to go is quite a ways away and are pricey. I know that it's not cheap to begin with but every little penny helps out right now.

They supply the helmet, shoulder pads and jersey and so we've got to get everything else.

Any help would be greatly appriceated!!
    So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
    A superstar in my eyes!

Leg pads? usualy the clubs supply those too.
    I've played varsity football for going on 3 years now and I can tell you it can be expensive(70-80dollar pair of shoes every year/400+ dollars in camps), But for a ten year old the best/fancy equipment is not realy needed. Also what position is he going to play sounds dumb but it does make a difference.
    I would aim for adidas or reebok footwear they tend to be cheaper. Gloves are optional. Althletic Supporter(cup) is also neccecary but is not very expensive, usualy about 15-20dollars.

Your best bet is not to look for cheap sites but to get cupons for places like dick's sportin goods, they are not hard to find just google coupons for dicks sporting goods(watch how you word it or bad things will happen.)
    Last edited by Pumpkin_Jack; 23 Jul 2009, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Get a tuck under cup. They offer more and better protection.
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I guess there is a weight limit and since he's over, he can only play offensive line. He has to wear a black X on his helmet. The wanted to put him w/ the 6-7th graders but since it was his first year, we didn't think that was such a good idea.
        So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
        A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

Lady Lineman realy dont need much other than shoes, pads and athletic supporter(cup). only thing i have to say is the shoes it is a very good idea to get ones that are higher and protect his ankles because they will get rollled.

Also additional pads(such as forearm) for a lineman are not a bad idea. The line is known as the trenches for a reason, almost nothing gets called other than offsides and people hit hard.

even though its his first year him getting kicked up a group is not a bad thing because at that age they only worry about technique.

The only downfall to being kick-up a group is he probibly doesnt have friends there.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X