The big 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big 16

So my son is turning 16 next month and I finally started shopping for him. This is what I've gotten him so far.

So far, it's all Hart and Huntington.
    So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
    A superstar in my eyes!

Cool! Hope to see pics of the event.

Comment

We don't have the slightest as to what to do for him yet. Only thing I can come up with is if there is an MMA event.

I'm lost on what to get him or what to do. With his disability, I'm trying to do a little more because it's really hitting home about him not being able to drive.
      A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

I bet he would LOVE the MMA event....that would be a great idea to take him there

Comment

How did you manage to get him those tattoos without him noticing? Seriously though how about IPOD, cell phone, any related geekery. Help us out though. I remember he has mobility issues. Anything else to help us give appropriate feed back? We wanna help.

Comment

How about martial arts lessons? A good instructor would be able to tailor a workout around his disabilities.
            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
              How about martial arts lessons? A good instructor would be able to tailor a workout around his disabilities.
              Apache
              We've looked into that one and there is nothing in our area. Go figure.

As far as his mobility, when in the house, he crawls. He doesn't like to use his wheel chair. He has a video mp3 player and a cell phone, he's also got a computer in his room.

He loves violent stuff.. lol.. not gory though. He's into wrestling, MMA (Twink sent him UFC 92 and I've had to watch to many times to count), football, skateboarding, moto x, bmx, all those kinds of things. He's got a zillion different bands he likes that he won't tell you just one. I was looking at getting him a few band shirts.

Now, what he really wants for his birthday I just can't bring myself to do. That is either a tattoo, or his tongue pierced. Yes there are kids here that have both but as far as the tongue, I know he'd bite it off and the tattoo, I just think it would be smart to wait just a little bit longer.
              A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

How about a dye job on the hair. It's not forever and it may be a compromise for the tats and piercing.

Comment

Tongue piercings are also horrible for oral hygiene. I don't know if he has any trouble there right now, but my mom's a dental hygienist and I get to hear all kinds of horror stories. Pretty sure she'd literally shoot me if I ever got one.

She even got my step cousin to remove her's forever after she got done telling her all about the problems they can cause.
                  [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Igorod/troopdod.jpg[/img]
                  [url=http://profile.xfire.com/trooper110][img]http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/co/type/1/trooper110.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico View Post
                    How about a dye job on the hair. It's not forever and it may be a compromise for the tats and piercing.
                    He usually does have his hair dyed black but we had to shave his head when he had surgery. It was to hard to take care of. He does want the Carey Hart hairstyle (black with a white stripe) but his hair hasn't grown out much.

Trooper, as for the tongue, he has good oral care BUT, he's seriously got a Gene Simmons tongue. It's freaking HUGE. So that there is #1 reason to not get it done and #2- with the cerebral palsy comes other minor things and his is drooling. He doesn't do it all the time but I know it's enough to where it could cause problems with a tongue piercing.
                    A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

I'm sure you have been to the MMA Warehouse... Miscellaneous - MMA Gear - MMAWarehouse.com

but I gotta say.... Those collectible figures would be so cool sitting on my shelf. But I'm real simple that way !!

Those are KEWL !!!

V

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                      Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X