Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banned b/c of chopper ownage

Cain,

While in the midst of trying to keep cool, I am infuriated. Fifteen minutes ago I was banned from your BTK server for "supposedly" hacking. The ban was a permanent one. The map was Sharqi Peninsula.

I have many important points to lay out here, and I would thoroughly appreciate, and ask politely that you read all of the information.

First, my friend Biggboii and I are long veterans of the Battlefield series, most notably BF2. Our specialty is helicopters. Bigboii is my pilot (an amazing one I must say) and I man the gunner's seat. Honestly, BF2 was a challenge, but BF3 is a joke really. With thermal optics, and a really skilled pilot.. no one can hide; rain fires from the heavens as we pwn nubs from high above.

So the scenario which just unfolded occured exactly this way. The map was Sharqi peninsula, and we were on the RU side. The US had only a few 2 points to spawn from, so naturally there was infantry clustered everywhere. With thermal optics in the gunner's seat, this was a dream come true. People were getting ripped left and right. Then without anything being said, it was speculated by one of the admins that I "must be hacking!".

I have a question: Is a player not allowed to have a good round every once in a while, or even consistently? Every time someone plays a good round (and this isn't only on your server, but many others as well) someone has to bring out the HACKING accusations, and ban hammer. I cant speak for your server in particular, but overall from a gaming perspective, the phenomenon is getting ridiculous, and not to be disrespectful of you or your organization, but I'm getting really god damned tired of hearing of kids shouting "HES HACKING HACKING HACKING HACKING" based only only on a few rounds; and the obvious fact of how OP the gunner seat on the attack heli is. I didn't know that retaining a particular K/D ratio, and playing in a certain vehicle could be so roughly translated as "HACKING".

The ban, as I have eluded to before, was entirely pre-mature. I am not sure what my K/D ratio was for the few rounds we played previously, but I know that it was not questionable. My kills are perfectly legitimate, and if one were to fraps, they would see that.

I apologize if I am coming off rude, I mean no disrespect whatsoever. I applaud those clans like yours that have been around through the thick and thin over the years, and really contribute to the gaming community. I appreciate and thank all those like you who pay for servers for those like my self to play free on. Make no mistakes, I understand and take gaming seriously as well and that's why I am writing to you. If I was a hacker, do you really think I would take my personal time and effort into writing you such a lengthy message to you, over a ban on 1 server? I ask that you please look up my stats (thesentinell) and really take a look at the statistics; how long I have spent in the chopper, and my world rank.

I am politely and respectfully asking that I be unbanned from your sevrver, not only because of the fact that I have been wrongly accused, but I indeed enjoy playing on it as well. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Chill. I'm not an admin, but I know these guys. Sometimes they kick or ban on suspect hacking only. Punk Buster dosn't catch everything. So they may ban and wait to see what the reaction is. If you display righteous indignation they will probably look into it and usually unban if nothing is found to indicate foulplay. Most real hackers won't try to defend themselves because they know they are guilty. Don't be too offended though. Almost everyone in here has caught a stray ban at one time or another. Sit tight and someone WILL look into it.

Shouldn't this post be moved?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Im sure this will be investigated, but just to let you know people with the CLR tags are not necessarily admins but Cains Lair Regulars (get it CLR).... just letting you know

Comment

thanks for posting here. Cain will get back to you in this thread.

Comment

You have been automatically banned for getting too many kills in too short of a time. This is a plugin that is supposed to ban hackers. You aren't the first person to be banned by it who is innocent.

Also, tl;dr.

Comment

As the others stated...Cain will look into it...my assumption is that our plugin removed you because of either your K/D ratio or the ammount of kills in 60sec

Comment

Umm. I cant count how many times you killed me in that chopper while I was well hidden and you without thermal

I always give everyone the benefit of the doubt in most situations. But if you're just running ESP then it would be easy for anyone to get those kills because they see where everyone is hiding tryin to avoid the chopper.

I think you're suspect, and I'm not by myself. You do just enough to try and be not too obvious. And your buddy is the same way. He does the same without thermal on. If you forget when you kill someone they can see your loadout on the chopper. NO THERMAL

So how do you explain being able to single me or anyone else out without thermal optics. You killed me many times hidden behind rocks or under trees where I highly doubt you could see me at all moving at speed from altitude.

So you jokers get to run around in choppers owning everyone while the server clears out because of what you do. Not good gamesmanship. And you probably sit there and chuckle while you own all the noobs thinkin you're l33t.

I think you're running an ESP hack. No other way to explain how you can always know where everyone is hiding. I've seen you do the same thing on foot.

Oh, and FRAPS shows nothing.

If I'm wrong then so be it. But clearing the server out isnt good from where we sit. That and I've seen you go 102-4 on another server I played on before you came here. Explain that one.
              [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Cobalt, equip the thermal scope while gunning in the chopper and kill an enemy, see if it shows up on the chopper loadout. I've known thesentinel my whole life and he does not CHEAT. We are just experienced from past battlefield games.

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
                  Umm. I cant count how many times you killed me in that chopper while I was well hidden and you without thermal

I always give everyone the benefit of the doubt in most situations. But if you're just running ESP then it would be easy for anyone to get those kills because they see where everyone is hiding tryin to avoid the chopper.

I think you're suspect, and I'm not by myself. You do just enough to try and be not too obvious. And your buddy is the same way. He does the same without thermal on. If you forget when you kill someone they can see your loadout on the chopper. NO THERMAL

So how do you explain being able to single me or anyone else out without thermal optics. You killed me many times hidden behind rocks or under trees where I highly doubt you could see me at all moving at speed from altitude.

So you jokers get to run around in choppers owning everyone while the server clears out because of what you do. Not good gamesmanship. And you probably sit there and chuckle while you own all the noobs thinkin you're l33t.

I think you're running an ESP hack. No other way to explain how you can always know where everyone is hiding. I've seen you do the same thing on foot.

Oh, and FRAPS shows nothing.

If I'm wrong then so be it. But clearing the server out isnt good from where we sit. That and I've seen you go 102-4 on another server I played on before you came here. Explain that one.
                  Hmmm i am not defending him but that you are talking about "thermal is reality in military" also a part of BF3, Because i have unlock it for my tank.. when i switch it over i can see all the enemy where they hide.. Also where u laying..also make it more hard for us to hide who ever is using it, when i move my tank up.. i can turn my turrets against u.. it means i bloody see u.. time for u to run away.. just saying it Cobalt.. as much i respect u..

I played in another server: i was hiding to Cobalt..first i got pissed of the way he got me made me angry, later i cool my self down and realized later in another server which i have unlocked the "thermal" i was thats why he saw me.. omg.. u see my point?

Let me put this too: Yesterday i was playing i did using this warfare tactic.. i saw all enemy no matter what.. coming close with my tank.. i kill all around me... i even saw where the shot coming from...saw this white and black image of an enemy (he is white when standing, prone or crouch position and moving!) than hurry back and laying down.. means i see what he is doing, no matter what.. all i have to do is drive that tank up and waste him simple.. only time i lose my tank was when one of my friendlies took when i was repair it.. haha

This thermal optics is for attack Choppers, Tanks, AA, BTR..
                  The one who dose not have it is AH-6J LITTLE BIRD and the Z-11W!
                  Last edited by 72Toryu; 23 Jan 2012, 07:05 AM. Reason: forgot!

Comment

Originally posted by bigboiii View Post
                    Cobalt, equip the thermal scope while gunning in the chopper and kill an enemy, see if it shows up on the chopper loadout. I've known thesentinel my whole life and he does not CHEAT. We are just experienced from past battlefield games.
                    Says the guys friend who is suspect with him. I seen the joker go 102-4 in Karkand with all the buildings. Not open ground. Explain that one.

That plus, did you ever think that EA just might have reviewed his stuff and pulled the plug. You do know that complaints have been turned in on him by not only me but from other people on other servers.

I understand the principles that all are talking about. This aint my first rodeo. Being good is one thing, being fishy good is another. Being killed because you can see me on thermal is one thing. Being killed because i'm behind cover or in a bldg by myself is another. He's killed me both ways. The guy has been fishy the whole time. And you aint far behind. Hackers seem to run together from what I've seen.

Besides, if it was a global ban. It had nothing to do with this server anyway. Thats on PB or EA.

And last of all, there are others on here that feel the same way. I'm just the only one that has said anything.
                    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

*gets popcorn out and watches show*

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffro View Post
                        *gets popcorn out and watches show*
                        hands a box of tissues to jeffro...I think its a romantic tragedy

Comment

But it could turn to a sci-fi thriller...
                          *noms on some MilkDuds while donning some 3d Glasses*
                          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Quamin View Post
                            But it could turn to a sci-fi thriller...
                            *noms on some MilkDuds while donning some 3d Glasses*
                            Damnit get down in front I can't see. Don't make me throw this slushy at you

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                              hands a box of tissues to jeffro...I think its a romantic tragedy
                              I think so to haha but on the other hand i say never "no" to popcorn

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 4
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X