Video Card Resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Card Resources

Figured it would be worthwhile to post some of the sites I find useful for hardware reviews. Please feel free to add your "go to" resources...

One of my favorites is Tom's Hardware Tom's Hardware: Hardware News, Tests and Reviews

These Video Card charts are very useful...just make sure you check for the latest one since they update it monthly:

Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart : Best Graphics Cards For The Money: February 2011

Best Graphics Cards For The Money: February 2011 : February Updates

Computer Power User is a great magazine for hardware as well..browse the archive on their site where you can view all their magazine in their entirety:

.com Digital Edition

Custom PC is a magazine out of the UK which I subscribe to (or should I say my lovely wife bought me a subscription to) which also has a great website.
    Custom PC | The essential read for PC hardware, games and modding

Anandtech is a great site as well http://www.anandtech.com/

Happy Browsing
    Last edited by Cain; 6 Oct 2013, 10:36 AM.

Awesome, This will make building a rig for BF3 ALOT easier.
    ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by BlackArrow View Post

Custom PC is a magazine out of the UK which I subscribe to (or should I say my lovely wife bought me a subscription to) which also has a great website.
      Custom PC | The essential read for PC hardware, games and modding
      oh wow such a cool wife !!
      K3BASFM. "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
      sigpic

Support Cainslair. Donate here! Cain's Lair Forums

Comment

nice list, I also like to take a peek at the best of the best list at MaxPC. I'll also add the Tech Report to the list. I subscribe to the RSS feeds from these sites plus a few from Toms as well.

Best of the Best - Maximum PC-approved hardware and components for your rig building needs | Maximum PC

The Tech Report - PC Hardware Explored
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Minerva View Post
          oh wow such a cool wife !!
          I'm jealous, my wife dislikes computers.
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I used to subscribe to MaximumPC as well....really good.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackArrow View Post
              I used to subscribe to MaximumPC as well....really good.

Sean Cleveland who was an editor and Kenn Durrance who was the Disc Editor at Bootpc which became Maximum PC are my friends and previous roommates

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
                My wife is computer declined.............and dyslexic.
                Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

techPowerUp! - The latest in hardware and gaming

i REALLY liked this site over the last week looking at things. They break the video cards down in a great apples to apples comparison. they set the target card at 100% and how other cards relate.. love it.
                  They also take a card, and list it against its like top 5 and bottom 5 competitors, also certain brands cards vs the recommended clocks from chipset maker.( tests out OC's cards and rates em against stock etc)

Comment

My wife has a tendency to kill anything electrical she comes in contact with. I don't want her within 5 feet of my computer if I can avoid it. She even takes down power outlets and fuses in my house: she can plug in a vacuum and blow a fuse in about 3 seconds. I can do the same thing to the same plug and finish the whole room.

-Rand
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post
                      My wife has a tendency to kill anything electrical she comes in contact with. I don't want her within 5 feet of my computer if I can avoid it. She even takes down power outlets and fuses in my house: she can plug in a vacuum and blow a fuse in about 3 seconds. I can do the same thing to the same plug and finish the whole room.

-Rand
                      You win.
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
                        My ex-wife disliked computers.

Comment

Here is one from Infamous which gives paper specs vs paper specs on all the latest cards:

GPU Comparisons Performance Comparison Benchmarks @ Hardware Compare

Comment

here is another site. all cards listed by their benchmark scores.

PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmarks - High End Video Cards

Comment

Concur-
                              1. Tom's Hardware
                              2. Maximum PC - Best of the Best
                              3. Community forum's
                              4. Newegg.com comments / reviews

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,815   Members: 6,178   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, joky12.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                              widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X