My experience with IBUYPOWER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My experience with IBUYPOWER

I recently bought a computer from IBUYPOWER through Costco.com. Q6600 quad core, dual NVIDIA 8600 GT - $1200. When it showed up the 2 front usb ports and the mic/headphone ports didn't work. The tech support told me they probably weren't supported by the motherboard and I should just unplug the speakers and plug in my headphones there. The web page on costco.com lists them as functional but I decided to live with it. After 6 weeks the fan on one of the video cards starts acting up and grinding. The tech support guy offers to send me a new card and walk me through the windows reinstall that would most likely fix my non functioning ports. He at first told me that "I" would have to do all the work myself because they don't take back computers from costco's site but after about 15 minutes he admitted that since this was hardware failure they would bring the computer back in and do the repairs - but "I" had to pay the $112 shipping. I sent it back and called back today to complain after I found out how much the shipping was. The superior I spoke to today tells me that yes they could've paid for the shipping both ways but since I had already sent it I was out of luck and there was no way for this company that takes out about 4 pages per issue in every major gaming magazine to write me a check for $112.

To sum up: they sent me a broken computer, when it broke worse I had to twist their arm to get them to fix it, they lied to me and they cheated me out of $112.

Make of it what you will but I would not tell anyone to buy from these guys.

Yeesh...

Guess that's why I build my own.
    My brother uses Dell exclusively, and has had great luck there.

Sounds like a fly by night company. One to avoid.
    Thanks for the heads up mate.
    ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Not really surprising considering their rating here:
      http://www.resellerratings.com/store/iBUYPOWER

Comment

:P On them. That sucks.

I will remember NEVER go there.
        Sorry Dude !

Comment

i would never use them, every one i have talked to has said that they have horrible customer service and almost never deliver the correct parts

Comment

Wish you had posted up sooner that you was going to buy from them. I could have told you not to and saved you the hassle as I know 3 different people who have went through them and had similar problems.
            [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/echosofbliss/seiko8wy.gif[/IMG]

Comment

Johnny, if you ever need help buying a computer, start here. we will help you pick the right parts, put the beast together, and troubleshoot any problem you'll have...

Comment

Funny about the resellerrating site, you should see my post going up by tomorrow. Thankfully Costco will take the machine back and they have asked me for the name of every person I have talked to at ISELLCRAP. Maybe enough people will complain about the service to get them dropped from Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico0
                  Funny about the resellerrating site, you should see my post going up by tomorrow. Thankfully Costco will take the machine back and they have asked me for the name of every person I have talked to at ISELLCRAP. Maybe enough people will complain about the service to get them dropped from Costco.
                  There's nothing funny about resellerratings - I have dealt with many stores listed there (I buy most of the stuff online, from $5 audio cables to $3000 TV's) and the ratings of the stores were pretty much accurate (especially when I had to deal with customer support people) :P There are always an exceptions (such as you might get a good treatment from a poorly rated store), but they're just that - an exceptions, not a usual happenings :P

Comment

Originally posted by darth_nevus
                    Johnny, if you ever need help buying a computer, start here. we will help you pick the right parts, put the beast together, and troubleshoot any problem you'll have...
                    True Dat !!

The freaks all hang out here !!

http://dark4se.com/cainslairforums/viewforum.php?f=28

Comment

I just opened the box containing my repaired computer. The case is broken open and there are pieces falling off/out. I'm thinking that plugging it in would be a bad plan.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico0
                        I just opened the box containing my repaired computer. The case is broken open and there are pieces falling off/out. I'm thinking that plugging it in would be a bad plan.
                        Well, if it's that bad, then I would definitely return it for a refund and look for a more reliable company, like Puget Systems, AVA Direct or even Velocity Micro.

Comment

It's already back to costco. When the return manager took it out of the box the entire front of the pc fell off the case.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
                          Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
                          widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X